WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Vote_lcapWanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Voting_barWanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Vote_lcapWanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Voting_barWanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
MEAT Spotlight Meatstick

Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.

Go down 
+4
Thekinglich
hambrgrhelpr
Weiss
mechanized101
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Empty
PostSubject: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008, 11:43 am

This is going to be pretty basic, a list of each class, and a basic idea on how to beat them.

All strategies are on a 4/41/16 Talent based prespective, Since it's the best available PvP spec for hunter. 16 in Survival for deterrence, Saves lives, Don't question my authoritah.

Prefered Racial (in order of usefulness): Blood Elf/Tauren, Troll.

Warriors:

Warriors are tricky.

Head on, Don't let them get rage. The second the match starts have Aspect of the monkey on, Get right in their face, and scatter shot them.

From here most people would try to get distance, This is where your wrong. If a warrior gets 30+ rage, Hunter is dead, no loophole, end of story. Unless the warrior completely sucks, In which case, beat them, then ask them to reroll. Warriors were designed to toast hunters, Unless you're a beastmaster which are just cruel, but broken on this server.

Once they're dazed and confused. Step back 5 ft, Steady shot > Run past them, wing clipping them mid way, and multishot them > You should have dodged at least once, if not no problem, run past them again, raptorstrike or mongoose bite them if its up, midway, once you're at minimum ranged distance again, arcane shot > Repeat once more but end with Steadyshot > Repeat until dead.

This is melee kiting. Slow and steady wins the race and white damage isn't what you should be concerned with. If they do get their hands on some rage, Use deterrance, or you're dead.

Mage:

Mages are easy, Any hunter with half a brain could beat one with ease. I beat mages all the time before they can lay a hand on me.

Scatter shot> Steadyshot> Silence Shot> Multishot> Arcane shot> Racial (usually find time to run to you and frostnova)> Wing Clip> Concussion shot> Arcane Shot> Multishot> Steadyshot

That's about it, Quite cruel and unusual.

Warlock:

These can be tricky seeing as everyone knows, any warlock battle completely depends on the gear they're wearing, and the pet their using. Warlocks on VCN can go from Scrubs to COMPLETELY Overpowered. Use the same strategy as directed with mages, Trinket out of fear only, no other stuns or newbcoils. And good luck.

Hunters:

Use the melee kiting technique that I described in the Warrior part of the guide. To your surprise, most hunters don't see this coming and tend to do poorly when you use this technique, having to change strategy at the last second. Little do you know, psychological warfair has alot to do with WoW.

EX. In retail when I played Battlegrounds, I used a Cat from stranglethorn, Not because cats used to be one of the best PvP pets under level 58, but because I would name the cat Swifthoof. Most naive Night Elf rogues would never come near me thinking a druid was with me, even though if you took a second to look, you could clearly tell it was a trick, half way through they could all see through my trick, but it is a leg-up on the competition, even for how short of a time it may be. Sadly to say, most rogues aren't deep thinkers, although they have all the time in the world, Most rogue players are more visual.

Anyway, melee kiting on hunters is the way to go, especially since most of them walk backwards to get away from you haha.

Rogues:

Rogues are quite simple on this server seeing as most of them have no idea what they're doing and assume Hemorrage will do all the work for them.

At the start of the duel, try to nail them with a flare, if you miss, run into the middle of it and lay a freezing trap under you and wait it out. You should have time to do this because they'll have to run around the flare.

If it's a SHS rogue, they'll freeze immediately, always. Wait out the cheapshot, throw on aspect of the cheetah, get as far as you can away from them while still being in ranged distance and Serpent sting them, From here

Concussion shot> Steady shot> Start Kiting> Arcane shot> Aspect of the Monkey> Multishot> Scattershot> Steadyshot> Continue your shot rotation until dead. If they vanish, try to flare them. If your flare misses, let them stun you so they relax a bit, trinket on the kidney shot and freeze trap them. Wait the duration while you get distance for your Scattershot C/D. then repeat the shot rotation, if they get close, scattershot them again.

Combat rogues are tricky, a smart one will sap you right before your flare runs out and can easily avoid the freezing trap. Just wait out the kidney, Scatter shot them, run away and serpent sting them, then repeat the strategy above.

Paladin:

Paladins are always fun, when I fist started pvping on retail I always dueled them for practice, This is your PvP punching bag. Tailored to test your every skill, and various scenarios.

Start with silence, then start draining away that mana while kiting. When your concussion shot runs out on them, just run in for a wing clip. It's fun, and whats the worst that can happen. Once their out of mana, this is where you show off leet dps. Sit back and watch the fireworks.

Basic shot rotation:

Steadyshot, arcane shot, steady shot, multishot, steady shot, steady shot, arcane shot.

Same goes for Holy paladins, just maintain a farther distance, don't run in for wing clips, and make a mental note that this will be a LONG fight.

Druids:

First off, Don't duel Balance druids on this server, it's pointless. No matter how good you are, they'll always win, unless they're absolutely terrible. If you beat them, don't say Yay. Instead feel sorry for them, and encourage them to roll another class. The same goes for Balance/Resto, as well as Resto.

In my opinion, most people will agree. The only spec that takes skill to play are the Feral druids. but in that case just use the melee kiting tactic as stated in the warrior section. It's effective and you don't have to worry about cat form, it could never compair to a rogues dps, so it should be the last thing on your mind.

Shaman:

Melee kite, so that you'll be able to pop your racials. Pretty straight forward. Out DPS them, or out DPS their heals. If it's an EN shammy, you have your work cut out for you.
No specific strategy since like warlock, the battle is really about luck and whoever has the better gear.

These are not complete outlines on how to be classes. Simply tips and tricks. If I told you every strategy, well I wouldn't have been one of the best hunters on VCN, now would I?

Have any hate or insults to this guide? Don't waste your time. This is one person's way of playing, and considering my reputation it obviously worked for someone. Besides, I won't be here to read it anyway.
Back to top Go down
mechanized101
CIA
CIA
mechanized101

Number of posts : 1081

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 3:24 pm

You've obviously never met a good mage.... it's either 95% of the hunters on the server are shit.. or you never met a good mage lol..

2nd. It's not an insult it's a question

3rd. stay on forums just don't play WoW?
Back to top Go down
http://www.smouch.net/lol
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 3:35 pm

Wow this is such an awesome guide
im definitly gonna use the tactics on here
to improve my playing style on my hunter, thx allot! ^^
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

Number of posts : 1062

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 4:25 pm

LMAO @ THE WARRIOR OMGOGOMG
how about we...
kite their ass and save all that typing/work?
Back to top Go down
hambrgrhelpr
CIA
CIA
hambrgrhelpr

Number of posts : 698

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 4:41 pm

Weiss wrote:
how about we...

How about you stop spamming and maybe post something useful?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gamer0913
Thekinglich
CIA
CIA
Thekinglich

Number of posts : 555

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 4:44 pm

Kauramnast wrote:
In my opinion, most people will agree. The only spec that takes skill to play are the Feral druids.

^.^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adV8-_hgL4g
Whitestag
CIA
CIA
Whitestag

Number of posts : 2347

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 4:46 pm

Thekinglich wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
In my opinion, most people will agree. The only spec that takes skill to play are the Feral druids.

^.^
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 5:01 pm

hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
how about we...

lol that's not spam.
and actually... i am doing something useful by just saying to kite warriors instead of all that fancy stuff. just keep wing clip and concussion on them and keep your distance and youre fine. its kinda simple.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 5:05 pm

Weiss wrote:
hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
how about we...

lol that's not spam.
and actually... i am doing something useful by just saying to kite warriors instead of all that fancy stuff. just keep wing clip and concussion on them and keep your distance and youre fine. its kinda simple.

She took the time to type it out and make a more detailed guide
there is no point in making fun of it
Imho this is one of the best guides ive seen in general regardless of classes
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008, 5:07 pm

Chibiimimi wrote:
Weiss wrote:
hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
how about we...

lol that's not spam.

eh i guess its okay, but i was just saying thats a waste of time on warriors.
oh, but hunters can't beat good paladins, ever.
oh and she is a he and he is fuglyness.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 12:27 am

Kauramnast wrote:
This is going to be pretty basic, a list of each class, and a basic idea on how to beat them.

These are not complete outlines on how to be classes. Simply tips and tricks. If I told you every strategy, well I wouldn't have been one of the best hunters on VCN, now would I?

Have any hate or insults to this guide? Don't waste your time. This is one person's way of playing, and considering my reputation it obviously worked for someone. Besides, I won't be here to read it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 12:30 am

Kauramnast wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:

but you'll be here to attempt a comeback right?
lol.
oh and if you roll horde hunter, you roll orc, manyne.
Back to top Go down
mechanized101
CIA
CIA
mechanized101

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 7:42 am

Feral druids warriors and Spriests all take skill
Back to top Go down
Balendin
CIA
CIA

Number of posts : 1489

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 8:26 am

no class takes skill till 2k+ period.

-edited-

pro tip on how to beat a warrior on VCN

stay within the 5-8 yard range, here that is the dead zone for warriors. (WW doesn't work right lol)
Back to top Go down
Ques
CIA
CIA
Ques

Number of posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 8:53 am

Nice. Alot of writing took place Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vcnwow.net
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 11:34 am

Ques wrote:
Nice. Alot of writing took place Smile.
lol i <3 ques' posts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 2:48 pm

Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:

lol.

Orc would be a valid choice if pets worked, and if their racial worked. This is a guide for VCN, what use would a guide be for retail here?

It wasn't a "comeback" You just seem like you aren't a big fan of that reading thing, which happens to help when bashing a guide.

Someone on MSN just told me that you were attempting to troll another guide by a Pro on this server, After your hilarious attempt on Kyles where you were manhandled. Instead of coming up with "comebacks" By the way, I trashed everyone who dare tried to argue with me on these forums, I'd rather just point out that your points are invalid and let you continue to make an ass of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 4:05 pm

Kauramnast wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:

lol.

Orc would be a valid choice if pets worked, and if their racial worked. This is a guide for VCN, what use would a guide be for retail here?

It wasn't a "comeback" You just seem like you aren't a big fan of that reading thing, which happens to help when bashing a guide.

Someone on MSN just told me that you were attempting to troll another guide by a Pro on this server, After your hilarious attempt on Kyles where you were manhandled. Instead of coming up with "comebacks" By the way, I trashed everyone who dare tried to argue with me on these forums, I'd rather just point out that your points are invalid and let you continue to make an ass of yourself.
dang, you guys talk about me on msn too?
shet, i'm a popular betch.
Back to top Go down
Spotlight
CIA
CIA
Spotlight

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 4:14 pm

Chibiimimi wrote:
Weiss wrote:
hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
how about we...

lol that's not spam.

Kaura is a guy >.>
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 5:00 pm

Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:

lol.

Actually no names were mentioned to be honest, Want to see the MSN convos? Just said there was a troll on my topic and figured you were the only one dumb enough to try trolling well known/liked members as seen previously.

I take it you think that if you annoy everyone you'll become popular, This is VCN, we've had your type before haha, enjoy having everyone hate you.
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 5:15 pm

Kauramnast wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:

lol.

Actually no names were mentioned to be honest, Want to see the MSN convos? Just said there was a troll on my topic and figured you were the only one dumb enough to try trolling well known/liked members as seen previously.

I take it you think that if you annoy everyone you'll become popular, This is VCN, we've had your type before haha, enjoy having everyone hate you.
aw niga you's a hatahhh.
i wasn't doing anything but saying how to make your guides better.
...and, if only you knew how long i've really been here... /giggle

UND YES I R LIKINGS TO SEE THUS EVIDENCES OF THESE TALKINGS PLS pirat
Back to top Go down
mechanized101
CIA
CIA
mechanized101

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 5:23 pm

Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:

lol.

aw niga you's a hatahhh.
i wasn't doing anything but saying how to make your guides better.
...and, if only you knew how long i've really been here... /giggle

UND YES I R LIKINGS TO SEE THUS EVIDENCES OF THESE TALKINGS PLS pirat

Fail troll is fail indeed
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 5:40 pm

i'm not trolling dude i pointed out his faults.
i'm fucking around i'm not trolling.
a troll is gpap.
a fabulous person is weiss.
learn your shit.
Back to top Go down
Spotlight
CIA
CIA
Spotlight

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 6:11 pm

Weiss wrote:
a troll is gpap.
learn your shit.

Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. 25k3lf7
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 6:19 pm

Spotlight wrote:
Weiss wrote:
a troll is gpap.
learn your shit.

Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. 25k3lf7
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.   Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted to write a hunter guide before I left completely.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoWPortal PVE Server :: General :: Graphics Descussion-
Jump to: