WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
A detailed look at Roarriors. Vote_lcapA detailed look at Roarriors. Voting_barA detailed look at Roarriors. Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
A detailed look at Roarriors. Vote_lcapA detailed look at Roarriors. Voting_barA detailed look at Roarriors. Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
Meatstick Spotlight MEAT

A detailed look at Roarriors.

Go down 
+2
Balendin
Iwabo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Iwabo
CIA
CIA
Iwabo

Number of posts : 996

A detailed look at Roarriors. Empty
PostSubject: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 12:11 pm

First off, no, you don't know me. I'm a veteran to warriors for a few years now, and decided I'd write a guide on how the fux to play them, giving some strats, tips and fight breakdowns. This guide took me about an hour to do, and yes, this is quite a wall of text.

First off: What race should I be?
For horde, I'd 100% say tauren. War stomp is more useful then you could ever possibly imagine ever, when used right. Not to mention that sexy 5% stam increase. 2nd choice would be orcs, stun resist and bloodfury can come in handy.
For alliance, it's a tougher call. Once 3.0.2 hits VCN, I'd suggest human. Every man for himself is quite amazing, and for now the increased mace / swordness and perception is quite good. My second choice would be gnomes, escape artist is also very useful. A night elve's shadowmeld is quite useful in world PvP, allowing you to eat to full health while undetected, but not that usefully in most duel scenarios.

Spec: Arms? Fury? Hybrid?

I prefer the good ol' arm / fury spec, with a few adjustments to the private server environment. I've experimented with arms / prot and fury / prot builds, grabbing concussive blow along with 2nd wind or along with blood thirst. Both these specs work decently, but you sacrifice a good amount of damage to gain a bit of survivability and a helpful stun. I think imp slam is a great talent to do some extra burst DPS, and a useful way to help drain your full rage bar.

Gearing: PvE vs PvP; Mace Vs. Sword Vs. Axe
Well, as it's known to many people on VCN, weapon procs don't proc very often, or just not at all. If you don't have reward points to blow on your warrior at the time, I'd say to go axe spec, the static 5% crit is much better then the procs on VCN. Sword spec and mace stun seem to rarely proc here, me having experience with all weapon specs. However, the call gets a bit tougher when it comes to getting an Apolyon, The Soul Render. This weapon has great dps and high stam, however with sword spec not working as well as it should, It's a tough call. If you really want to go maces for the stun, I'd suggest using a Stunherald for a greater chance of wtfpwnstunning your target.
I prefer to use PvP gear rather then PvE, but having both sets is always nice. PvP + Vote gear should bring you to about 13k health, and 300+ resil, while PvE gear would bring you to about 10k and 0, respectively. I do however like to pop into PvE gear to kill things that're squishy, and won't be doing much damage to me (Such a holy preist). I also like to duel weild on occasion, if mortal strike isn't up, and I'm fighting a caster.

BUGZ:
Keep in mind of certain warrior bugs. Stance mastery doesn't work, impale doesn't seem to work, Overpower is buggy and switching weapons doesn't trigger a GCD. The weapon switching bug is very, very useful for switching in a sheild / DW.

KEYBINDS?!
Clicking most spells isn't much of a problem, imo. But spells that don't have a GCD MUST BE KEYBOUND. This includes your sexy pvp trinket and heroic strike.

Stuff to keep in mind:

Keep everything hamstrung, disarm classes that melee you, use intercept and trinket wisely, your ranged weapon can hit hard as balls, time pummels as best you can and don't panic.

Mages: Being kited isn't fun.
Open up with a charge, immediately hamstring, regardless of the mage's spec. If he then nova's you, I'd trinket it immediately, and pop into bezerker stance. If he blinks, zerker stance, intercept and you just won the fight. You always want to try and intercept right after they blink, so they can't get out of it. Keep the mage hamstrung, and do as much burst dps as possible. Make sure to pummel him if he casts with him on you, a good warrior can turn a mage into pulp in just a few seconds.

Warlocks: EZLOL
Charge, hamstring, zerker stance, pew pew, wait until you think they're about to fear / deathcoil you and pop zerker rage. Warlocks shouldn't be a threat to warriors. One thing you must take in mind, is every god damn warlock will seduce bug, and put you in combat on the 2 count of the duel. Immediately trinket, bezerker stance, blood rage, intercept or... Take a soul fire to the face. Just burn them as fast as you can, and make sure to pummel any shadow spell, even if you have bezerker rage on and he's casting fear. Another fun thing to do is pop sweeping strikes on them when their pet is on you, it'll go down fast.

Preists: Disc preists can be annoying as hell.
Basically, just get up in their face and dps as hard as you can. Try to get the rotation of Pummel holy spell → Dps a bit → Run away, intecept → And by this time, your pummel will be up again, or close to it. Just do your best to keep them locked down if they heal spam. If they're shadow, and staying in shadow form, just fight them as you would a warlock. On a preist, pummel timing is KEY, trying to nail a pummel on a 1.3 second flash heal isn't easy for everyone.

Rogues: Who doesn't hate them?
The breakdown: Keep them debuffed and stun them as much you can.
Put on a sheild and pop defensive stance at the start of the duel. Move around a lot while mashing on your attack key, because a smart rogue will open with garrote. A lot of rogues will get frustrated and sap you to keep you still, which is just going to give you more rage to own them with. Wait out their stun lock, and either rend them, disarm them or peircing howl them. If you know they're a douche bag, and will stealth bug you, slap a rend on them. If they're going to bleed kite you, howl them and if they're going to try and pew pew you down, disarm them. Regardless of your initial attack, disarm them. Pop into zerker and dps them as best you can (Since overpower is buggy) and you should be able to win if they don't cooldown spam you. If they pop evasion, put a sheild on and demo shout / thunderclap, then wait it out. However, if you're a tauren warrior, you can war stomp → MS while retreating → Intercept → Whirlwind for a HUGE burst. Hopefully second wind will keep you alive this fight, it's an amazing talent. If they chose to bleed kite you, use your ranged weapon. I mean, using you bow to get a 1k crit, give you flurry and put deep wounds on them? I meana, c'mon.

Droods: Worst fight for a roarrior.
If they're feral, they'll tank you, if they're resto they'll outlive you and if they're balance they'll nuke you x.x
Balance: They'll probably stealth and hide somewhere before they open up, or go cat and pull off a pounce, which is a dumb idea. Intercept them once they start boomkin nuking you, and give them a beat down. The key here is going to be pummling their nature spells. Save your trinket for a time when you know you can blow them up.
Feral: They're going to bear tank you, and it's gunna SUCK. 60% dodge, more health and armor then you = sad warrior. DPS them as best you can, stun them a lot and pray for the best. A very difficult fight for a warrior. Force them to heal, and then take advantage. A feral druid in normal form = squishy.
Resto: AGH, one annyoing fight. If they do a lot of shapeshifting, do your biggest burst dps when they're in normal form. Save your trinket for a time when you can break free of their cyclone when they're at a lower HP. Get the same rotation of Pummel nature spell → Dps a bit → Run away, intecept here, and put them in a tight spot.

Huntards: More easy bait.
Keep them hamstrung from the start, disarm them if they melee kite you, intercept when possible and trinket their traps. It shouldn't be hard, just damage them as hard as you can and they won't last long. If they free action pot however, put on a sheild and pray for the best.

Shaman: Nothing too dificult.
Enhance: Charge → Hamstring → Defensive stance → Bloodrage → Disarm → Zerker stance → Win.
Elemental: Most of them are haste noobs, they can really hurt but at the same time are very squishy. Open up normaly, then pummel their lightning bolt ASAP. They'll be at a high percent, so they won't heal. Before they can cast again, fade back and intercept, dps them, then pummel their heal.
Resto: Nothing too hard, keep them from healing and you can win, mortal strike will counteract the heals they will get off and their earth sheild.

Lawladin: Not to hard

Holy: Basic caster fight as explained before, keep their heals down. If they're gay, alliance SoV exploiters however, don't take your chances, kite them around with intercept, pop cooldowns, bandage, pot and be a douche bag right back at them
LOLRET: Fight them as you would an enhance shaman, disarm them, slow them, dps them. Basic shizz.

Warrior: It's shadowlink all over again.
I usually stand there in defensive stance, let them charge me so I gain 2nd win, then disarm them. Then go into bezker stance and start dps'ing. If they disarm you, and they have their weapon, put a sheild on, get a bit of distance from them, and using peircing howl to keep them in between melee and intercept range. It's hard to pull off, but it works damn well. I dps them as best I can, and usually toss out a demo shout, since my rage will usually be high and I'll eventually have a GDC free.

Happy warrior'ing. Very Happy

If anyone has any suggestions of anything I should add / clarify, please say so.

Edited because I tend to not make sense.
Back to top Go down
Balendin
CIA
CIA

Number of posts : 1489

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 4:42 pm

Orcs as a warrior on here?

No, just no. Stun resist doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 7:02 pm

Iwabo <3

Also =/

Human warrior for alliance (shadowmeld isn't that great but perception works wonders)

Tauren warrior for Horde (Don't have to waste gems for stamina, go all out crit and str)
Back to top Go down
Rombus
CIA
CIA
Rombus

Number of posts : 2490

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 7:13 pm

Kauramnast wrote:
Iwabo <3

Also =/

Human warrior for alliance (shadowmeld isn't that great but perception works wonders)

Tauren warrior for Horde (Don't have to waste gems for stamina, go all out crit and str)
they took out shadowmeld 3.0.2

i'd say gnomes. escape artist and charge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vcnserver.net
thejeffjeff
CIA
CIA
thejeffjeff

Number of posts : 313

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 7:25 pm

finally some tipos on how to own noobz witha warrior (thats my class) i will keep this in mind and since i havent played retail very nice guide
Back to top Go down
http://rick-rolld.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 7:42 pm

Rombus wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Iwabo <3

Also =/

Thas' a good one! (gnomeness)

What'd they replace shadowmeld with? I don't play alliance retail, or a nightelf for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Ubberpownage88
CIA
CIA
Ubberpownage88

Number of posts : 3023

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 8:18 pm

Nice guide, i like the squishy part =D
Back to top Go down
Iwabo
CIA
CIA
Iwabo

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 9:49 pm

Shadowmeld wasn't removed with 3.0.2 it was just changed, usable in combat, 2 minute CD. Not all that amazing for a warrior, great for a hunter / rogue imo. Extra vanish (Since it drops you from combat) / Feign death. Also, OH HAI Kauramnast.
Back to top Go down
crimsonxxfury
Bandito
Bandito
crimsonxxfury

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 12:13 am

CARNIFEX.

although deceased and poisoned sucked major ass
Back to top Go down
Iwabo
CIA
CIA
Iwabo

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 12:49 am

crimsonxxfury wrote:
CARNIFEX.

although deceased and poisoned sucked major ass

It was good, imo. But dead in my arms was still better, by far.
Back to top Go down
Rombus
CIA
CIA
Rombus

Number of posts : 2490

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 11:27 pm

Kauramnast wrote:
Rombus wrote:
Kauramnast wrote:
Iwabo <3

Also =/

Thas' a good one! (gnomeness)

What'd they replace shadowmeld with? I don't play alliance retail, or a nightelf for that matter.
Sorry its 2 minute CD now. Can't be useable while drinking and eating anymore.
But omg they increased Dodge by another %!!! 2% now omfgggg oppp ... sarcasm

Iwabo wrote:
Shadowmeld wasn't removed with 3.0.2 it was just changed, usable in combat, 2 minute CD. Not all that amazing for a warrior, great for a hunter / rogue imo. Extra vanish (Since it drops you from combat) / Feign death. Also, OH HAI Kauramnast.
I don't find it useful in anyway anymore. Only reason to roll Night Elf is for the Night Elf Mohawk.
'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vcnserver.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A detailed look at Roarriors.   A detailed look at Roarriors. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A detailed look at Roarriors.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoWPortal PVE Server :: General :: Graphics Descussion-
Jump to: