WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Vote_lcapHow to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Voting_barHow to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Vote_lcapHow to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Voting_barHow to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
Meatstick MEAT Spotlight

How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage

Go down 
+8
seriousskil1
john95
Min0rity
Spotlight
Royalpimp
Boozorz
Holypeanut
Ambush
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Empty
PostSubject: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:13 pm

Hello, this is my second guide here. I am pretty well expirienced from playing a mage for a year and a few months and learning much from nemefist and others.
(This is a big wall of text. caution)
Lets get down too business!

Mage duels are very spec determined, i am going to review situations against 3 different specs.

Duels against 17/44/0 (Deepfire)

Duels against 17/0/44 (ARena Frost

Duels Against 0/41/20 (Ive seen this spec alot which makes me happy beacause it is so useful.)

So first lets go against a deepfire mage that has imp cs o_0! Scary prospect, Very scary for a frost mage. That dragons breathe, those ignite ticks ewww!

You start with Frostshield and fireward ofcourse ;P Always have a mana emerald ready incase of oomage.what your going to open with is running the other direction and spellstealing until dampen magic and the ward they used is gone, then blink back, nova , cs and cast frostbolt, alot of mages willl go O LOL SHATTER lets pvp trinket.

They trinket, so after you frostbolt, fireblast and run away, the opposite direction and put up mana shield. If they spam scorch without silencing, you just keep running till out of range now they are going to come at you, now you spam scorch , they will silence, and now you run around them spamming wand Razz, once their cs is off you, nova, cs, and frostbolt/icelance, then fireward right away (its off cd by now) they will dragons breathe, ICEBLOCK, they go onoe, and now you come out, frostshield up, pop icey veins and start spamming frostbolt. cast about two then , then spam scorch, loololol. They will silence , and now run. Come back shatter and should be dead by now.

Now against 0/41/20

Mean spec, they can frostbolt, scorch hard and dragons breathe, You want to spam scorch, most mages are retarded and go OLOl silence, once they do, no imp cs mate, hit icey veins and spam it, and rpetty much nuke them, theirs not much too do unless you want to be pro and spellsteal dampen, make them waste silence by fakin g a frostbolt( i dont advise this) but i will describe how to, cast for like half asecond, then move, if they waste if gg, if they ever silence frostbolt, you run away as far as you can

During this duel frostshield up as much as you can, and keep fireward up when ever you can, trinket and iceblock when they dragons breathe, and you will be fine.

Now lets review that, What your trying to do is deal around 3-4k damage with shatters and then staying out of range while cs is on cd so they cant rape you. If they ever try scorching while your silence is up, silence and frostbotl and SPAM that bitch! game over!

Always save trinket, and Iceblock for dragons breathe, dragons breathe=DB,Scorch,FB combo.

Now Against another 17/0/44 Mage this is a normal duel. You start with frostshield,manashield and if they have over 12k hp, you frostward if not fireward (this is because if they stam stack, fireblast is not something that will concern you)

You start with cone of cold then spam spellsteal (4 times MAX) and make sure dampen magic+frost shield is yours, if you take both immediately nova ,silence, and frostbolt.

When silence is off cd they will try the same, what you try do if they nova you CIEBLOCK, they will most likely silence your iceblock!! hahha, come out and spam that frostbolt,

if they do manage to shatter you, if you dont have any shield up trinket, if you have only frost, and you have more % of health then them, just take it, then you coc, and spam frostbolt til cs is up.
Then you shatter, if they have shield up spellsteal, most likely youll have low mana, MANA EMERALD Smile

Thats the basics against a frost mage, getting the first shatter and being able to take their shatter while taking off their shields so they take the damage isntead of absorbing. I wont talk about elemental because im not a fag. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ambush
CIA
CIA
Ambush

Number of posts : 427

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:15 pm

Tehvurt wrote:
Hello, this is my second guide here. I am pretty well expirienced from playing a mage for a year and a few months and learning much from nemefist and others.
(This is a big wall of text. caution)
Lets get down too business!

Mage duels are very spec determined, i am going to review situations against 3 different specs.

Duels against 17/44/0 (Deepfire)

Duels against 17/0/44 (ARena Frost

Duels Against 0/41/20 (Ive seen this spec alot which makes me happy beacause it is so useful.)

So first lets go against a deepfire mage that has imp cs o_0! Scary prospect, Very scary for a frost mage. That dragons breathe, those ignite ticks ewww!

You start with Frostshield and fireward ofcourse ;P Always have a mana emerald ready incase of oomage.what your going to open with is running the other direction and spellstealing until dampen magic and the ward they used is gone, then blink back, nova , cs and cast frostbolt, alot of mages willl go O LOL SHATTER lets pvp trinket.

They trinket, so after you frostbolt, fireblast and run away, the opposite direction and put up mana shield. If they spam scorch without silencing, you just keep running till out of range now they are going to come at you, now you spam scorch , they will silence, and now you run around them spamming wand Razz, once their cs is off you, nova, cs, and frostbolt/icelance, then fireward right away (its off cd by now) they will dragons breathe, ICEBLOCK, they go onoe, and now you come out, frostshield up, pop icey veins and start spamming frostbolt. cast about two then , then spam scorch, loololol. They will silence , and now run. Come back shatter and should be dead by now.

Now against 0/41/20

Mean spec, they can frostbolt, scorch hard and dragons breathe, You want to spam scorch, most mages are retarded and go OLOl silence, once they do, no imp cs mate, hit icey veins and spam it, and rpetty much nuke them, theirs not much too do unless you want to be pro and spellsteal dampen, make them waste silence by fakin g a frostbolt( i dont advise this) but i will describe how to, cast for like half asecond, then move, if they waste if gg, if they ever silence frostbolt, you run away as far as you can

During this duel frostshield up as much as you can, and keep fireward up when ever you can, trinket and iceblock when they dragons breathe, and you will be fine.

Now lets review that, What your trying to do is deal around 3-4k damage with shatters and then staying out of range while cs is on cd so they cant rape you. If they ever try scorching while your silence is up, silence and frostbotl and SPAM that bitch! game over!

Always save trinket, and Iceblock for dragons breathe, dragons breathe=DB,Scorch,FB combo.

Now Against another 17/0/44 Mage this is a normal duel. You start with frostshield,manashield and if they have over 12k hp, you frostward if not fireward (this is because if they stam stack, fireblast is not something that will concern you)

You start with cone of cold then spam spellsteal (4 times MAX) and make sure dampen magic+frost shield is yours, if you take both immediately nova ,silence, and frostbolt.

When silence is off cd they will try the same, what you try do if they nova you CIEBLOCK, they will most likely silence your iceblock!! hahha, come out and spam that frostbolt,

if they do manage to shatter you, if you dont have any shield up trinket, if you have only frost, and you have more % of health then them, just take it, then you coc, and spam frostbolt til cs is up.
Then you shatter, if they have shield up spellsteal, most likely youll have low mana, MANA EMERALD Smile

Thats the basics against a frost mage, getting the first shatter and being able to take their shatter while taking off their shields so they take the damage isntead of absorbing. I wont talk about elemental because im not a fag. Wink

Wall of Text crits you for OVER NINE THOUSAND!
Back to top Go down
Holypeanut
CIA
CIA
Holypeanut

Number of posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:17 pm

Vurtne fails don't listen! I love you
Back to top Go down
Boozorz
Begginer
Begginer
Boozorz

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 24 Dec 2008, 5:47 pm

o lol shatter
Back to top Go down
Royalpimp
Sentino
Sentino
Royalpimp

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 4:44 pm

Frost mages 17/00/44 are usually the winning spec vs other mages , especially if using Icy Veins and SKull of Gul'dan for some nice haste abuse Razz . Not a bad guide but decent mages will pose more of challenge then how you described , mages having lots of potential 'strategies' , although this guide works vs ordinary retarded mages .
Back to top Go down
Spotlight
CIA
CIA
Spotlight

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 4:49 pm

Your guides suck balls.
Back to top Go down
Min0rity
CIA
CIA
Min0rity

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:00 pm

i was going to say the same Spot.
Wth is this guide? Did you duel some pretty crap mages because thats as far as im aware what i see:
LULZ HES SPAMMIN SCORCH!

A real fire mage wouldnt spam scorch at start
he'd spam scorch then go for instant pyro - Wut Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spotlight
CIA
CIA
Spotlight

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:02 pm

Min0rity wrote:
Wth is this guide? Did you duel some pretty crap mages because thats as far as im aware what i see:
LULZ HES SPAMMIN SCORCH!

You start with a dragon's breath then a fireblast then a blast wave then a frost nova then start the scorch if you are full fire.

Also spellsteal? Do you expect him to just stand there while you spam that mana waster?
Back to top Go down
Min0rity
CIA
CIA
Min0rity

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:15 pm

Spotlight wrote:
Min0rity wrote:
LULZ HES SPAMMIN SCORCH!

You start with a dragon's breath then a fireblast then a blast wave then a frost nova then start the scorch if you are full fire.

Also spellsteal? Do you expect him to just stand there while you spam that mana waster?
and what makes the OP think that the mage is just going to sit there and let you spellsteal him when he can spellsteal you.
Think mate, think.
Back to top Go down
john95
Assassin
Assassin

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:17 pm

Royalpimp wrote:
Frost mages 17/00/44 are usually the winning spec vs other mages , especially if using Icy Veins and SKull of Gul'dan for some nice haste abuse Razz . Not a bad guide but decent mages will pose more of challenge then how you described , mages having lots of potential 'strategies' , although this guide works vs ordinary retarded mages .

Lol snob Skull of Gul'Dan is not spell haste abuse its a temporary buff.
Go play retail.
Back to top Go down
seriousskil1
CIA
CIA
seriousskil1

Number of posts : 1507

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:17 pm

Spotlight wrote:
Min0rity wrote:
LULZ HES SPAMMIN SCORCH!

Use bears.
Back to top Go down
Min0rity
CIA
CIA
Min0rity

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:21 pm

I found this:

Quote :
iceblock when they dragons breathe,

Quote :

Dragon's Breath Rank 4
31% of base mana
Instant cast 20 sec cooldown

vs.

Quote :
Ice Block
Instant 5 min cooldown
Back to top Go down
Vraagteken
CIA
CIA
Vraagteken

Number of posts : 2440

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:22 pm

counterspell
Back to top Go down
Spotlight
CIA
CIA
Spotlight

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:29 pm

john95 wrote:
Royalpimp wrote:

Go play retail.

Haste is bugged here, Skull gives haste.

Go play retail
Back to top Go down
seriousskil1
CIA
CIA
seriousskil1

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:47 pm

Spotlight wrote:
john95 wrote:
Royalpimp wrote:

Go play retail.

Haste is bugged here, Skull gives haste.

Go play retail

I'm pretty sure it's not bugged on 3.0.3
Back to top Go down
Fergie 2.0
CIA
CIA
Fergie 2.0

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 5:51 pm

Vraagteken wrote:
counterspell
Back to top Go down
davidkolenko
CIA
CIA
davidkolenko

Number of posts : 1354

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:11 pm

Fergie 2.0 wrote:
Vraagteken wrote:
counterspell
Back to top Go down
seriousskil1
CIA
CIA
seriousskil1

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:12 pm

davidkolenko wrote:
Fergie 2.0 wrote:
Vraagteken wrote:
counterspell
David just so you know, I will be there to rear your child.
Back to top Go down
Balendin
CIA
CIA

Number of posts : 1489

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:14 pm

FYI.

Counterspell is bugged. KK?

Dragon's breath then fireblast? NO JUST.... NO

Dragon's Breath then Ice block? lolwat.

seriously this topic contains no one that has a clue of what the bugs are or how to even PLAY a mage.
Back to top Go down
seriousskil1
CIA
CIA
seriousskil1

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:16 pm

Balendin wrote:
FYI.

Counterspell is bugged. KK?

Dragon's breath then fireblast? NO JUST.... NO

Dragon's Breath then Ice block? lolwat.

seriously this topic contains no one that has a clue of what the bugs are or how to even PLAY a mage.

Someone said dragon's breath then fire blast? o.O
Back to top Go down
davidkolenko
CIA
CIA
davidkolenko

Number of posts : 1354

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:18 pm

Yes only the pros use it though
Back to top Go down
Fergie 2.0
CIA
CIA
Fergie 2.0

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:19 pm

DRAGON BREATH ARCANE BLAST NIGGAAAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
seriousskil1
CIA
CIA
seriousskil1

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 6:20 pm

Fergie 2.0 wrote:
DRAGON BREATH ARCANE MISSILES NIGGAAAAAAAA

FIXED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage   How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to beat another mage as a Frost Mage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoWPortal PVE Server :: General :: Graphics Descussion-
Jump to: