WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Vote_lcapMana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Voting_barMana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Vote_lcapMana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Voting_barMana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
Spotlight Meatstick MEAT

Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lancy1214
Begginer
Begginer

Number of posts : 26

Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Empty
PostSubject: Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients   Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 11:18 pm

I would like to start off by saying thumbs up to your implementation of the 3.0.8 server. Many of the talents work (for the priest anyways, as soon as I saw penance working I WAS SOLD), los/collision works and its overall more stable than it was before. However, as enthusiastic as I sound, there are some serious problems still plaguing the server, especially for casters.

First, mana costs are ridiculously bugged to the extent of being almost doubled in value. With the introduction of WOTLK, mana costs were modified to reflected based on the caster's mana pool. However, the server seems to have this formula wrong due to the fact that my Penance (YAY IT WORKS) costs 1022 mana (with mana reduction talents) vs the original 16% base mana cost it was supposed to be (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47540) A priest's base mana is 3863 so therefore, penance should cost 618 mana, not 1022 mana (http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_mana).

Second, spellpower coefficients are bugged as well because my spells are still applying Burning-Crusade like coefficients. For example, with WOTLK, Penance's coefficient is approximately 105% each tick(http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_power_coefficient#Priest_Coefficients). My priest's spellpower is 2.2k, so, Penance ticks should be healing around 3890 (Average Heal of Penance Rank 4 Tick(1580) + Spell Power Coefficient (2200*105=2310). However in game, my priest's Penance ticks only heal for around 2.5k. This is severely crippling to both supportive and offensive casters and should be top priority for bugs to fix. Overall, I enjoy the server a lot, keep up the good work Rouslan and staff, you're doing great with the 3.0.8 server. I believe that once this bug is taken care of, individual classes should be relatively easy to have their spells programmed.

Last edited by lancy1214 on Thu 05 Feb 2009, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SenorPedro69
CIA
CIA
SenorPedro69

Number of posts : 494

PostSubject: Re: Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients   Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 11:19 pm

To many big words
GTFO!
Back to top Go down
*Banned Spotlight*
Bandito
Bandito
*Banned Spotlight*

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients   Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 1:13 am

One of the main reasons I don't feel like joining the 3.0.8 server. My favorite style of gameplay in WoW is being a healer and the coefficients are severely messed up resulting in heals that are just a little bit better (500-1000) than the burning crusade heals which in no way can keep up a guy taking Wotlk damage.
Back to top Go down
Joahn
KGB
KGB
Joahn

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients   Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 1:24 am

look for friendly servers not greedy ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/abba149
kingbabar1
CIA
CIA
kingbabar1

Number of posts : 465

PostSubject: Re: Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients   Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 2:04 am

lancy1214 wrote:
I would like to start off by saying thumbs up to your implementation of the 3.0.8 server. Many of the talents work (for the priest anyways, as soon as I saw penance working I WAS SOLD), los/collision works and its overall more stable than it was before. However, as enthusiastic as I sound, there are some serious problems still plaguing the server, especially for casters.

First, mana costs are ridiculously bugged to the extent of being almost doubled in value. With the introduction of WOTLK, mana costs were modified to reflected based on the caster's mana pool. However, the server seems to have this formula wrong due to the fact that my Penance (YAY IT WORKS) costs 1022 mana (with mana reduction talents) vs the original 16% base mana cost it was supposed to be (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47540) A priest's base mana is 3863 so therefore, penance should cost 618 mana, not 1022 mana (http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_mana).

Second, spellpower coefficients are bugged as well because my spells are still applying Burning-Crusade like coefficients. For example, with WOTLK, Penance's coefficient is approximately 105% each tick(http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_power_coefficient#Priest_Coefficients). My priest's spellpower is 2.2k, so, Penance ticks should be healing around 3890 (Average Heal of Penance Rank 4 Tick(1580) + Spell Power Coefficient (2200*105=2310). However in game, my priest's Penance ticks only heal for around 2.5k. This is severely crippling to both supportive and offensive casters and should be top priority for bugs to fix. Overall, I enjoy the server a lot, keep up the good work Rouslan and staff, you're doing great with the 3.0.8 server. I believe that once this bug is taken care of, individual classes should be relatively easy to have their spells programmed.

We cant forget the oh so famous warp to mall as a rogue gank spree
and yes spell power is weird im adding spell power but geting like 100 heal power as well so my heal power is like off the wall lol

hurray for hunters being more fucked than ever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients   Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mana Costs and Spellpower Coefficients
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoWPortal PVE Server :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: