WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Vote_lcapGearing: PVE or PVP? Voting_barGearing: PVE or PVP? Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
Gearing: PVE or PVP? Vote_lcapGearing: PVE or PVP? Voting_barGearing: PVE or PVP? Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
Spotlight Meatstick MEAT

Gearing: PVE or PVP?

Go down 
+28
phunsize
ServerBot
tehdeath
Beezle
kopisusu
exile124
srscat
flood
Psykid
Twenty
Juzt
hambrgrhelpr
Tsar1235
Cheapshot
Heinous
Ulrely
Weskerazn
Holypeanut
Halfpint
meatballkeeper
HydroZA
babouna
GomaXx
Diagnostic
:Bandana:
dualbox
Leyl
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Leyl
Begginer
Begginer
Leyl

Number of posts : 13

Gearing: PVE or PVP? Empty
PostSubject: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 5:52 pm

A lot of people have been asking this question lately so I decided to start a discussion about the matter.

This is my list:

Mages: PVE Gear. You're going to be bursting, so you need the big mana pool to hit hard and hit fast. PVP gear gives you 20k health, but 14k mana only lets you hit your opponent with a few bolts before you've got to run and evocate. And since you're dead anyway if you're locked in by a melee, theres no point in stacking stam.

Warlocks: PVP Gear. I can't stress this enough. You DON'T have blink, iceblock, cold snap to save yourself from melee, so you NEED the extra res and stam to survive. And since you've got Lifetap, the more stam, the more mana. Get FULL pvp gear, don't get any pvp shit except for your weapons/wand.

Warrior: PVP Gear. Don't get the bullshit PVE gear for the "high crit/dmg". It's a waste since most of the time as a warrior you're the first target. You need survivability. As always, PVE weapons for the high damage.

Rogue: PVE Gear. PVP gear if you like surviving without evasion/cos up all the time, but if a rogue is played right, you can unload a fuckload of damage without losing 1 hp. Stack AP gems, forget AGI, you'll already have enough crit.

Shaman: PVE Gear. PVP gear if you're resto, but elemental/enhance are there to unload a shitload of damage and then dying. Stack haste gems in your gear for best results.

Druid: PVP gear feral, and PVE for resto/balance. I don't recommend playing Balance/resto, since their talents and survivability are so fucking bugged. For feral, stack stam gems since you'll already have about 9k AP with just gear in bear form.

Paladins: PVP GEAR GODDAMMIT. You've already got Divine Plea, you don't need the fucking mana management when you can just heal 25% of your mana every goddamn minute. I throw up everytime a paladin in PVE gear shows up in arena. YOU'RE SO EASY TO KILL. You just need to survive until Reckoning procs/your opponent starts scrambling to get a heal in. Then you just hammer of justice and you're home.

Hunter: PVE Gear. You need to unload dmg before you get locked in by a melee/nuked by a caster. But why are you playing this broken class again?

Priest: Your choice. Both ways your mana management is going to blow hairy balls, so just picks what flows your way. You'll only be able to fight until you oom, in which you just stand there like a fucking dummy until somebody cares to swing by and 2 hit you.

Last edited by Leyl on Fri 10 Apr 2009, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dualbox
Bandito
Bandito
dualbox

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 5:53 pm

I'll summarize for all you people that hate reading.
If you PvP , Get PvP gear.
If you PvE, Get PvE gear.
Back to top Go down
Bandito
Bandito

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 5:54 pm

Stam mage>SD Mage
Back to top Go down
dualbox
Bandito
Bandito
dualbox

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 5:56 pm

[quote="Leyl"]A lot of people have been asking this question lately so I decided to start a discussion about the matter.

This is my list:

Warlocks: PVP Gear. I can't stress this enough.

Don't stress
Back to top Go down
Leyl
Begginer
Begginer
Leyl

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 5:58 pm

[quote:6468=":Bandana:"]Stam mage>SD Mage[/quote]
In a mage vs mage, yes, stam arcane mages are quite powerful. In other duels however, it's just a matter of when the stam mage ooms. Then it's over.

dualbox wrote:
Leyl wrote:
A lot of people have been asking this
question lately so I decided to start a discussion about the matter.

This is my list:

Warlocks: PVP Gear. I can't stress this enough.

Don't stress
It gets really fucking annoying when warlocks complain about how weak they are when they're standing around in PVE gear.
Back to top Go down
Diagnostic
CIA
CIA
Diagnostic

Number of posts : 392

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 6:19 pm

Pvp = pvp gear.
Pve = pve gear.
Fucking Hitler.
Back to top Go down
GomaXx
CIA
CIA
GomaXx

Number of posts : 861

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 6:24 pm

lol... what's so fun in pretending to be a nazi when you actually is a incabacitaded fat behind the computer? Go kill your self...
ban this guy... really

Last edited by GomaXx on Fri 10 Apr 2009, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babouna
CIA
CIA
babouna

Number of posts : 1376

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 6:24 pm

im a war in pve gear
and i still pwn
Back to top Go down
Diagnostic
CIA
CIA
Diagnostic

Number of posts : 392

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 6:27 pm

babouna wrote:
im a war in pve gear
and i still pwn
Want a cookie? Who the fuck cares?
Back to top Go down
HydroZA
Assassin
Assassin
HydroZA

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 6:28 pm

A nazi trying to help people by telling everyone how to play their class ! I call shenanigans.
"Druid: PVP gear feral, and PVE for resto/balance. I don't recommend playing Balance/resto, since their talents and survivability are so fucking bugged."
Disagree, my resto druids survivability + talents arnt bugged. lol
Back to top Go down
meatballkeeper
CIA
CIA
meatballkeeper

Number of posts : 2319

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 6:41 pm

Leyl wrote:
A lot of people have been asking this question lately so I decided to start a discussion about the matter.

This is my list:

Mages: PVE Gear. You're going to be bursting, so you need the big mana pool to hit hard and hit fast. PVP gear gives you 20k health, but 14k mana only lets you hit your opponent with a few bolts before you've got to run and evocate. And since you're dead anyway if you're locked in by a melee, theres no point in stacking stam.

Going to have to disagree here, a mage in pve gear has around 15k health give or take, and will die REALLY quickly if focused at all. Use defensive stats as a mage.

Quote :
Rogue: PVE Gear. PVP gear if you like surviving without evasion/cos up all the time, but if a rogue is played right, you can unload a fuckload of damage without losing 1 hp. Stack AP gems, forget AGI, you'll already have enough crit.
Going to have to disagree here as well, as agility is a prime stat for a rogue.

Quote :
Priest: Your choice. Both ways your mana management is going to blow hairy balls, so just picks what flows your way. You'll only be able to fight until you oom, in which you just stand there like a fucking dummy until somebody cares to swing by and 2 hit you.

A disc priest with 800+ resilience is a fucking monster.
Back to top Go down
Halfpint
CIA
CIA
Halfpint

Number of posts : 366

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 6:44 pm

I roll PvE gear on all my characters and I don't have any problems unless I am facing donors.
Back to top Go down
Holypeanut
CIA
CIA
Holypeanut

Number of posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:11 pm

Arms- PvE gear, just make sure to keep a shield and 1hnd around with you.

Fury- PvP gear, you still 2 shot everything, just more survivability
Back to top Go down
Weskerazn
CIA
CIA
Weskerazn

Number of posts : 354

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:16 pm

Holypeanut wrote:
Arms- PvE gear, just make sure to keep a shield and 1hnd around with you.

Fury- PvP gear, you still 2 shot everything, just more survivability
Get on an Ally toon >.>
Back to top Go down
Ulrely
Begginer
Begginer
Ulrely

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:26 pm

meatballkeeper wrote:
Leyl wrote:

This is my list:

Going to have to disagree here, a mage in pve gear has around 15k health give or take, and will die REALLY quickly if focused at all. Use defensive stats as a mage.

Quote :
Going to have to disagree here as well, as agility is a prime stat for a rogue.

Quote :

A disc priest with 800+ resilience is a fucking monster.

A mage in PVE gear has 18k health, you lose 2k health difference vs a 6k mana difference (pve gear gives you 18k/20k, pvp 20k/14kish). If you're ever targeted as a mage, you should have your shields up. A good mage always leaves the arena with full hp.

As sub/sin for a rogue, you'll have hit the "crit cap" of 38, meaning you'll be critting every other swing. According to maxdps, you should focus on more ap instead of agi. It's all your choice really. The more AP, the more dmg for a fist rogue. The more crit, the more dmg for a dagger rogue.

Priests suck here. Monster or not, it's your choice to pick what type you want to wear with a Priest. My point is you're going to die anyway if you get focused, so either get pvp gear to delay the inevitable, or get pve gear to deal as much damage as you can before you're killed.

-Leyl, was banned due to Hitlar :3
Back to top Go down
Heinous
CIA
CIA
Heinous

Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:30 pm

Bunch of fags in this thread.

If you PvP, you need resil.

If you PvE, you need PvE stats.

End of fucking story.
Back to top Go down
Ulrely
Begginer
Begginer
Ulrely

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:32 pm

Heinous wrote:

End of fucking story.
You're a fag.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it.
Back to top Go down
Cheapshot
CIA
CIA
Cheapshot

Number of posts : 2512

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:34 pm

Ulrely wrote:
Heinous wrote:

End of fucking story.
You're a fag.

Someone's mad.
Back to top Go down
Heinous
CIA
CIA
Heinous

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:35 pm

Ulrely wrote:
Heinous wrote:

End of fucking story.
You're a fag.

What I said WAS constructive.

You post shit like you know, when in actuality, you're a fucking idiot. You think anyone's going to take you seriously? Sorry to tell you, but they're not.
Back to top Go down
Ulrely
Begginer
Begginer
Ulrely

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:39 pm

Heinous wrote:
Ulrely wrote:
Heinous wrote:

End of fucking story.
You're a fag.

What I said WAS constructive.

You post shit like you know, when in actuality, you're a fucking idiot. You think anyone's going to take you seriously? Sorry to tell you, but they're not.
Haha since when are discussion-killers constructive you douchebag?

I post shit from experience instead of trolling out of my ass. Nobody taking me seriously? What the fuck does that have to do with a discussion on PVE/PVP gearing? You don't have to take me seriously, you can click the big fat X button and leave.

Try harder fucking troll.

Quote :
Someone's mad
Lol internet.
Back to top Go down
Heinous
CIA
CIA
Heinous

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:43 pm

Your "experience" is limited to a bugged-out-the-ass private server, and probably shitty PvP videos of people 2 weeks after WotLK was released, and they didn't have PvP gear yet.

Cool story.
Back to top Go down
Ulrely
Begginer
Begginer
Ulrely

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:44 pm

Heinous wrote:
Your "experience" is limited to a bugged-out-the-ass private server, and probably shitty PvP videos of people 2 weeks after WotLK was released, and they didn't have PvP gear yet.

Cool story.
Is that what you deduced? Suddenly you know me.

God you fucking suck. Seriously, holy shit.
Back to top Go down
Heinous
CIA
CIA
Heinous

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:48 pm

Ulrely wrote:
Heinous wrote:

Cool story.
Is that what you deduced? Suddenly you know me.

God you fucking suck. Seriously, holy shit.

BAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Prove me wrong, then.
Back to top Go down
Halfpint
CIA
CIA
Halfpint

Number of posts : 366

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 7:50 pm

LOL, Ferg is pro VCN forum troll. He probably holds the record for most bans from the server/forums too.
Back to top Go down
meatballkeeper
CIA
CIA
meatballkeeper

Number of posts : 2319

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009, 8:10 pm

Ulrely wrote:
A mage in PVE gear has 18k health, you lose 2k health difference vs a 6k mana difference (pve gear gives you 18k/20k, pvp 20k/14kish). If you're ever targeted as a mage, you should have your shields up. A good mage always leaves the arena with full hp.
To use my mage as an example, logged out in pve gear, does not have anywhere near 18000 health.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Simord

I generally get torn apart in this gear in pvp as well. Not only because I'm bad, but because I have no resilience. Mages need pvp gear.

Quote :
As sub/sin for a rogue, you'll have hit the "crit cap" of 38, meaning you'll be critting every other swing. According to maxdps, you should focus on more ap instead of agi. It's all your choice really. The more AP, the more dmg for a fist rogue. The more crit, the more dmg for a dagger rogue.
This might be right, but maxdps is an awful site for these kinds of things. Just saying.

Quote :
Priests suck here. Monster or not, it's your choice to pick what type you want to wear with a Priest. My point is you're going to die anyway if you get focused, so either get pvp gear to delay the inevitable, or get pve gear to deal as much damage as you can before you're killed.
What's wrong with priests?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gearing: PVE or PVP?   Gearing: PVE or PVP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gearing: PVE or PVP?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoWPortal PVE Server :: General :: Graphics Descussion-
Jump to: