WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
Hemo Rogue Guide Vote_lcapHemo Rogue Guide Voting_barHemo Rogue Guide Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
Spotlight MEAT Meatstick

Hemo Rogue Guide

Go down 
+23
Casterbait
Wrathed
Trini_Kyz
Syleniaz
nano1895
Aeragan
stevos007
frielock4
pwnomglol
Drshank
ServerBot
meatballkeeper
Fourstar
UzedPaper
blazejbrzozka
Mace
Jeremy6
vistaxp
WTFBeef
imweedy
Shockyshocky
Holypeanut
aetherx
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Number of posts : 186

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:37 pm

To all new rogue players, this guide should help you build a decent rogue and improve on it it.

Starting off, you want to pick a build. I prefer Old School Hemo over other builds for its survivability and burst DPS. Other Hemo builds should work fine

2nd, you want to pick out gear array. You can go 2 ways. Survivability with lower DPS or Go High Burst DPS ( I prefer this ) For survivability use Brut. Gear and Gem for 20 attack power. For high burst, get any gear with the highest AP. As for trinkets, a medallion of the alliance is a must(it gives resil unlike the horde one) and a trinket of your choice that either increases AP for a short period or crit overall. Weapon wise just get War Glaives. Ignore the shit people give you, because they are the best 1h swords in the game (Excluding Donor weps) DPS wise and the great 450 haste COH bonus.

And finally strategy. I'll discuss arena since I'm not a world PvP person. Always pop sprint in the beginning. ( Your hit order should be sap, cheap shot hemo/ghost strike + kidney shot when the CS wears off. If you are getting hit throughout, using evasion and cloak of shadows is very helpful. Also using blind to CC or for another CS is a good idea. Be sure to use preparation so the CD on sprint, evasion, CoS, and blind wears off.)This is crucial. If there is another rogue, sap him and take him down. this is generally very easy as they have no armor. Otherwise go for the healer (low armor/in exp'd) or high DPS caster(mage). Whenever your getting hit, use evasion for melee and CoS for magic. Your priority is to stay alive as long as you can to dish out the most DPS. Don't EVER rely on your partner for anything.

Do's and Don'ts
Dont EVER use finishing moves. This is a waste of combo pts. and energy. A hemo can do the same damage as an eviserate w/ 5 combo pts.

Don't switch targets in the middle of a battle. Keep on 1 guy. if its a healer giving you trouble, remeber they dont have unlimited mana and you'll wear them down

Do watch your partners health. Try to stun lock the person attacking him. An extra pair of hands DPSing never hurts,so try keeping him alive

Don't Vanish. Its total shit. Bugged to hell. Just CoS to remove any debuffs and run away, and you can normal stealth.

Do use your trinkets and buffs. Don't hesitate and save them. Most of the time you'll need it anyways.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll reply. Happy Roguing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Holypeanut
CIA
CIA
Holypeanut

Number of posts : 2377

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:38 pm

I herd AP stacking is skill
Back to top Go down
Shockyshocky
KGB
KGB
Shockyshocky

Number of posts : 203

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:40 pm

I herd hemo spam is skill
Back to top Go down
imweedy
CIA
CIA
imweedy

Number of posts : 1147

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:41 pm

Holypeanut wrote:
I herd AP stacking is skill

Really!? I thought rogues need intellect, goddamnit.
Back to top Go down
WTFBeef
Begginer
Begginer
WTFBeef

Number of posts : 19

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:43 pm

i think this guid will be abit more indepth

http://www.vcnserver.net/videos-f36/imba-warlock-keybindings-t19876.htm?highlight=warlock
Back to top Go down
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:44 pm

It requires skill to play a rogue. Despite pressing hemo, you have to stack skills around and maintain survivability. If you use that logic I guess being a mage is easy. Just FB. A shaman? Just TB. A Priest? Just spam heal.
Back to top Go down
Shockyshocky
KGB
KGB
Shockyshocky

Number of posts : 203

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:44 pm

aetherx wrote:
It requires skill to play a rogue. Despite pressing hemo, you have to stack skills around and maintain survivability. If you use that logic I guess being a mage is easy. Just FB. A shaman? Just TB. A Priest? Just spam heal.

This statement is a lie
Back to top Go down
vistaxp
Begginer
Begginer
vistaxp

Number of posts : 10

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:45 pm

wait is this guy a troll
Back to top Go down
Jeremy6
CIA
CIA
Jeremy6

Number of posts : 740

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:45 pm

Lol

"Don't ever use finishing moves"

"Use warglaives"
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jeremyx1
Mace
Assassin
Assassin
Mace

Number of posts : 60

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty

rofl a hemo rogue guide
Back to top Go down
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty

Shockyshocky wrote:
aetherx wrote:

This statement is a lie

What class do you play. it must be "hard" too.
Back to top Go down
blazejbrzozka
Bandito
Bandito
blazejbrzozka

Number of posts : 135

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:52 pm

vanish is getting y out when mage frozing y or druid is using roots Smile and warglaives bahh Im old school with daggers .I just dont understand why rogues are not using distract here or pots,rocket boots.well If Im using them Its always "speedhacker" and some bitching...Smile
Back to top Go down
Holypeanut
CIA
CIA
Holypeanut

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:53 pm

aetherx wrote:
Shockyshocky wrote:
aetherx wrote:

This statement is a lie

Enhance shaman and 0/23/38 survival hunter.
Back to top Go down
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:54 pm

blazejbrzozka wrote:
vanish is getting y out when mage frozing y or druid is using roots :) and warglaives bahh Im old school with daggers .I just dont understand why rogues are not using distract here or pots,rocket boots.well If Im using them Its always "speedhacker" and some bitching...:)

I prefer the AP and armor over speed. Besides 2 sprints is more than enough most of the time.
Back to top Go down
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:56 pm

Holypeanut wrote:
aetherx wrote:
Shockyshocky wrote:
aetherx wrote:

This statement is a lie

For shaman just WF pop BL and Frost shock. Rinse and repeat. For a hunter just use a macro written by a person who plays retail w/rapidfire. Real hard.
Back to top Go down
UzedPaper
CIA
CIA
UzedPaper

Number of posts : 887

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:57 pm

Who needs a guide to /rollface on keyboard with hemo bound to every key?
Back to top Go down
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 9:59 pm

UzedPaper wrote:

Playing a rogue requires skill. You don't just use hemo. If the player is afk and naked, maybe you would hemo spam. Otherwise it requires strategy and using appropriate skills. Try to roll a rogue and just "hemo spam."

Jesus. Ignorant people like that make me sick.
Back to top Go down
Fourstar
CIA
CIA
Fourstar

Number of posts : 995

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:00 pm

aetherx wrote:
Holypeanut wrote:
aetherx wrote:
Shockyshocky wrote:
aetherx wrote:

This statement is a lie

For shaman just WF pop BL and Frost shock. Rinse and repeat. For a hunter just use a macro written by a person who plays retail w/rapidfire. Real hard.

lol your way off on shamans.

1) blood lust/heroism doesnt affect melee. 2) we heal too. 3) WF doesnt proc alot 4) you forgot stormstrike & shamanistic rage if your low on mana.

EDIT: oh and shamans gotta set their totems and use their shields.

and hunters

1) scatter shot 2) aimed shot 3) steady shot 4) serpents sting 5) multi shot etc etc... not much of a hunter myself so idc
Back to top Go down
http://vcnserver.net
blazejbrzozka
Bandito
Bandito
blazejbrzozka

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:01 pm

Im blacka nelf rogue ,Idk Im playing just 2 days .I preffer speed and crit strike,however any spec if y know how to use it its good,depends how quick y are.I wasnt playing for a while and just getting used to play again,this serv is cool but rogue has a bugs he he funniest is prepration is cutting blind or CoS cooldown ... and vanish not working properly I think.well I will do my best to get horde angry see ya . Smile
Back to top Go down
UzedPaper
CIA
CIA
UzedPaper

Number of posts : 887

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:02 pm

aetherx wrote:
UzedPaper wrote:

Playing a rogue requires skill. You don't just use hemo. If the player is afk and naked, maybe you would hemo spam. Otherwise it requires strategy and using appropriate skills. Try to roll a rogue and just "hemo spam."

Jesus. Ignorant people like that make me sick.
Oh my God. Excuse me for forgetting to add in the CS and KS...
Back to top Go down
meatballkeeper
CIA
CIA
meatballkeeper

Number of posts : 2319

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:03 pm

aetherx wrote:
Dont EVER use finishing moves. This is a waste of combo pts. and energy. A hemo can do the same damage as an eviserate w/ 5 combo pts.

Don't switch targets in the middle of a battle. Keep on 1 guy. if its a healer giving you trouble, remeber they dont have unlimited mana and you'll wear them down

Don't Vanish. Its total shit. Bugged to hell. Just CoS to remove any debuffs and run away, and you can normal stealth.

these are horrible dont's ><

first one, yes, use finishing moves. use slice and dice if you're about to switch targets, use expose armor on clothies, rupture on everything else.

yes, switch targets in the middle of combat if the situation calls for it. if you're fighting a plate wearer and you dont have him down much and a clothie runs by, you should engage the clothie.

vanish can be used offensively here, vanishing to get off a garrote or cheap shot.
Back to top Go down
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:04 pm

bfk123bfk wrote:
aetherx wrote:
Holypeanut wrote:
aetherx wrote:
Shockyshocky wrote:
aetherx wrote:

This statement is a lie

lol your way off on shamans.

1) blood lust/heroism doesnt affect melee. 2) we heal too. 3) WF doesnt proc alot 4) you forgot stormstrike & shamanistic rage if your low on mana.

EDIT: oh and shamans gotta set their totems and use their shields.

and hunters

1) scatter shot 2) aimed shot 3) steady shot 4) serpents sting 5) multi shot etc etc... not much of a hunter myself so idc

I beg to differ. http://thottbot.com/s2825 Anyways, thats going in detail. Rogues have to cast in the begininning too. WF is bugged, if you dual wield it procs rather well. And most hunters haste stack anyways. A macro using steadyshot/attack/arcaneshit is enough. But again you're going into detail. I am replying to the common misconception of rogues just "hemo spamming"
Back to top Go down
Holypeanut
CIA
CIA
Holypeanut

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:04 pm

aetherx wrote:
Holypeanut wrote:
aetherx wrote:
Shockyshocky wrote:
aetherx wrote:

This statement is a lie

KAY.

Ignorance is fun.

Hunters~ Easiest class to play, Hardest to play right

Haste cooldowns? yeah they're going to help with a melee right up in my face, and rogue who dodge every fucking wing clip it's harder to kite than you think.

btw you're thinking about the steady shot macro and BW macro

Steady shot is uh
/cast Steady Shot
/cast [target=target] Kill command

BW
/Cast Bestial Wrath
/Cast Intimidation (useless in raids and waste of mana don't use)
/Use trinkets.
Back to top Go down
blazejbrzozka
Bandito
Bandito
blazejbrzozka

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:05 pm

rogue is the easiest class to play but y need to know how to play too ... or y just ambushing everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
aetherx
KGB
KGB
aetherx

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 10:06 pm

meatballkeeper wrote:
aetherx wrote:

these are horrible dont's ><

first one, yes, use finishing moves. use slice and dice if you're about to switch targets, use expose armor on clothies, rupture on everything else.

yes, switch targets in the middle of combat if the situation calls for it. if you're fighting a plate wearer and you dont have him down much and a clothie runs by, you should engage the clothie.

vanish can be used offensively here, vanishing to get off a garrote or cheap shot.

Again this is for beginners. Finishing moves don't account for much. I hardly use them myself and would much rather have the Pts. for another kidney shot. Vanish isn't very good seeing as you cannot cast stealth spells and completely wears off after a coupl,e secs so I dont recommend using it. As for switching targets, you switch on your own judgment, i wouldn't recommend it to a first timer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hemo Rogue Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemo Rogue Guide   Hemo Rogue Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hemo Rogue Guide
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoWPortal PVE Server :: General :: Graphics Descussion-
Jump to: