WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Vote_lcapElemental Shaman Dueling Guide Voting_barElemental Shaman Dueling Guide Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Vote_lcapElemental Shaman Dueling Guide Voting_barElemental Shaman Dueling Guide Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
MEAT Meatstick Spotlight

Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide

Go down 
+5
Kalevias
volka21
Diagnostix
Juicy
ServerBot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ServerBot
CIA
CIA
ServerBot

Number of posts : 7646

Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Empty
PostSubject: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2008, 5:00 am

I DID NOT MAKE THIS

WARNING: Below will be a giant wall of text

Get a mod to show your focus bar, and then set your focus target as something you can rank one earth shock (healers or ccers).
Make sure you always have the appropriate weapon buff on yourself, and that you have a shield on (water or lightning shield, usually water)
Use rank one windfury totem. It’s much much less mana, and still provides the extra attack.

Acronyms to know!:

EM - Elemental Mastery
NS - Nature's Swiftness
CL - Chain Lightning
LB - Lightning bolt
ES - Earth shock
FS - Frost shock
CC - Croud control (IE: sheep, fear)
CS - Counterspells (includes spell locks as well)
AoE - Area of effect (IE, arcane explosion, fire nova totem).

Elemental

Duels

Some general information:

Before every duel, inquire your opponent as to what is allowed, for example: engineering items, bandages, elementals, or bloodlust.

I generally use grounding totem instead of earth shock when I can, because it has .5 less global cooldown.

In the beginning, I will explain each duel’s difficulty, from 1-10. 10 being the most difficult and 1 being the least.

Warrior:

Difficulty: 2

Shield: Lightning.

Totems: Wrath of air, tremor, mana spring. When the countdown reaches 2, place down Fire nova totem.

The warrior now has two options, either to charge and get hit by fire nova, or to wait back. If he waits, throw a frost shock on him (it’s his fault for not taking the charge) and begin your kite, use trinket on his intercept/hamstring after his NEXT global cooldown (important).

If he’s a normal warrior and charges you straight away, immediately flameshock and start a lightning bolt, if the warrior is already in berserker stance, cancel your lightning bolt after .3 seconds. If he enters zerker stance, let your bolt go through, due to his gcd (global cool down). After you’ve successfully faked his pummel, do two lightning bolts and then re apply your lightning shield and fire nova totem. Then re flame shock. By this point the warrior will probably notice his health and attempt a fear -> intercept or fear -> bandage. Your tremor totem should break you out of fear if he tried the bandage, if he does, immediately do a chain lightning. If he goes for the intercept, wait for him to hamstring and then do his next gcd, which is either Mortal strike or whirlwind. When he does this, immediately trinket and run away. Then do a jump frost shock, reapply lightning shield, and begin to hit him with bolts. I suggest NSEMCL at this point, so that you don’t get pummeled. He should be down by now. If he’s not, just shock/lightning shield/fire nova until you win.

Rogue:

Difficulty: 4

Shield: Lightning shield

Totems: Wrath of air, earthbind, poison cleansing totem, and searing totem.

Use ghost wolf before the duel starts.

When the rogue cheap shots you, do not leave ghost wolf. If he doesn’t kidney shot you before cheap shot runs out, start running and hope for your poison cleansing totem to tick off your crippling poison. Then frost shock and begin. If the rogue does kidney shot you, immediately trinket, run 5 yards, frost shock and lay your totems down again (besides wrath of air).

Reapply your lightning shield. At this point, all you’re going to do is kite, good rogues will keep enough energy to kick, and with a 1 sec gcd, you can’t hope to get a cast off. Cleanse all your poisons off you while you’re running, by spamming poison cleansing totem. There is no way he can out poison you, unless he is spamming shiv, which if he is you win. After he blows CloS and sprint to catch up to you (he should not be able to stay close enough with frost shock and poison cleansing spam), continue running until he stuns you again. After this stun wears out, begin your kiting until your 5 yards away. At this point, simply spam lesser healing wave on yourself until he kicks you. When he kicks, immediately lay a fire nova totem, frost shock him, and continue kiting. When your nature school is back up, nsemcl him, shock, and reapply lightning shield. He should be incredibly low at this point.

MAKE SURE SEARING TOTEM IS UP.

He will attempt to blind + restealth or bandage himself, and searing totem will keep him in combat or interrupt his bandage just enough. You should be able to beat him easily at this point, just remember lightning shield, fire nova, and your shocks. Try not to proc cheat death on him(if he has it) when he’s at 25%.

Marksman Hunter:

Difficulty: 4

Shield: Water shield

Totems: Grounding, earthbind, poison cleansing, magma totem. (put all of these directly on the hunter, or put them down as soon as you catch up).

When the duel starts, rush the hunter with frost shock. When you get on top of him, lay your totems. Make sure to use rank 3 magma totem to save mana. Stay on him, using lightning bolt whenever you’re directly on top of the hunter. As soon as he scatter shots you, look to see if he’s running towards you or away, if he’s running towards you, it’s to wing clip, trinket after he wing clips. If he runs away, immediately trinket and catch up. Then proceed to stay on him as long as you can. If he gets more than 3 yards away and you have wing clip on you, simply spam lightning bolt.

Make sure to purge rapid fire.

Do not use EMCL, use NSEMCL after one of his arcane shocks.

Shadow Priest:

Difficulty: 6

Totems: Wrath of air, EARTHBIND, mana spring, searing.

Yes, earthbind totem, the whole trick to this duel is to NEVER get feared. Start the duel with a frost shock on the priest, then spam purge him as you run away. Grounding totem his first vampiric embrace, and make sure to trinket if he procs a blackout on you. Stay at max 25 yard range. If he ever stops to cast on you, earth shock it and proceed with your lb/lb/cl etc spam. Purge anything and everything he uses. If the priest goes the mana burn route, you should win, just spam lightning bolt and ignore the burns. If you believe you have quick reflexes, go for an elemental mastery chain lightning to nature’s swiftness lightning bolt as soon as he uses a global cooldown, as he will not be able to dispel your EM. Lesser healing wave yourself to 70% if you drop to 50%.

Frost Mage:

Difficulty: 8

Totems: Wrath of air, earthbind, mana spring, and frost resistance totem. While most mages will have just enough spell pen to negate 90% of your totem, their pets do not. This is important.

Another duel in which you try your very best to not get within 8 yards of the target. If he gets a personal frost nova on you it becomes incredibly difficult.

Start the duel running away, while spamming purge on the frost mage. As soon as you get his frost ward, frost shock and continue purging. Try to keep him always slowed with either frost shock or earthbind if you have to earth shock a frostbolt. Get out of range of his frost bolts, which is easy with grounding totem and earth shock. Then as soon as your grounding totem cooldown is ready, drop and start an EMCL. There’s no way you can get counter spelled as your totem will eat either the counter spell or the ice lance he sends, which wont register for at least 1.5 seconds as you’re 46 yards away. Then start one lightning bolt and stop it at .6 seconds. If he doesn’t fall for your fake, just start spamming lightning bolt until he counterspells you. Trinket out of his pet nova as soon as it lands on you. If you can use grounding totem to absorb both his and his pet’s frost bolts. When your nature school is back up, use NSHW on yourself, and spam lightning bolts until you win, while always purging any shield he puts up.

Sl/Sl warlock:

Difficulty: 10.

Shield: Lightning shield.

Totems: Wrath of air, tremor, mana spring, searing totem.

I’m going to be honest, I barely ever win these duels against skilled opponents (I allow them to use healthstones as well). I do win though sometimes if I’m able to dodge every spell lock and grounding totem their death coil. This is possible due to warlocks being very predictable. They will almost always throw up 3 dots, being curse of tongues (if they use agony it’s almost an auto win), corruption, and siphon life. After these three many warlocks use death coil to get a death coil-> fear rotation starting. If you drop your grounding just after their third dot, you can sometimes catch the coil. If not, just trinket the fear and then begin your rotation.

The rotation is earth shock/grounding totem every fear, and then spamming cl/lb. If you have to heal the duel becomes incredibly difficult. Use EMCL after a water shield is devoured, and NSHW again after a devour magic is on cooldown. If you notice tongues at 1 or less seconds before you begin a new cast, simply drop a fire nova totem or new tremor totem while you wait instead of casting. If you can interrupt enough fears, and slow down the damage enough with your fire nova totem, sometimes you can win.

Also, the fricken spell resist sl/sl warlocks have is insane. I’ve had every earth shock I cast resisted upon me before.

Enhance shaman:

Difficulty: 15 (Smart Ones)

Shield: NONE, INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT.

Totems: Grounding totem, earth bind, mana spring, searing.

The only possible way to win this duel is to never get hit. This is possible if you never ever use a shield. The reason is that if you have a shield up, that gives you the eligibility to be purged, which means your grounding totem has to absorb something other than their shock cooldown. Also, never use a frost shock on their grounding totem, remember that your rank 1 lightning bolt is faster than theirs, so if a smart enhancement shaman is also not using a shield, and kill their groundings with a rank 1 lb. You will cast only once in this fight, and that is an EMCL when your grounding totem is down.

Throughout the duel, simply run away with earthbind, fire nova, and grounding totem down every time you can. Your superior shock cooldown, and rank one lightning bolt, will usually win you the duel if you are never hit. If they stop to heal ever, simply cast lightning bolts and you win.

Feral druid:

Difficutly: 5

Shield: water shield, use it every single time it runs out.

Totems: Grounding totem, earthbind, mana spring, searing.

I do this duel very different than most shaman. I spend the whole time running, trying to oom the druid by shifting. Use frost shock every time it’s up, but only when the druid is in cat or bear form, just get as much distance as you can, if you do get to 36 yards, then you can start spamming lightning bolt until they turn bear form. Trinket the bash, you shouldn’t get cycloned. Make sure to purge rejuvenation, regrowth, omen of clarity, and innervate. They’ll run out of mana before you do, make sure to heal yourself if you drop to 50%. I use regular healing wave rank 12 if they’re not in cat form beating on me.

Moonkin:

Difficulty: 5

Totem: Wrath of air, earth bind, mana spring, searing totem.

There are a few tricks to this kind of duel. One is to do your absolute best not to be cycloned. If you do get cycloned, do not trinket it immediately, let it go to as long as you can, so that it absorbs dot damage and you don’t, and then trinket/earthshock or grounding totem.

Also, as soon as he pops out trees, put on water shield and drop a stoneclaw totem. If they’re still on you, ignore them and continue spamming lightning bolt. If the druid is simply spamming wrath at you, just spam lightning bolt straight back, you have the advantage with NSHW. So in effect, this whole duel, only interrupt starfire, and spam lightning bolt at them (don’t use chain lightning, use elemental mastery lightning bolt instead, as chain lightning can get pushed back by wrath spam immensely).

Ret Paladin:

Difficulty: I’m torn on this, many paladins I’m able to simply kite and destroy, while others take clever use of grounding totem/trinkets.

Totem: Wrath of air, earth bind, mana spring, searing totem.

To begin the duel, simply run away and spam purge. When you can’t purge any more, frost shock them until they’re forced to freedom themselves. Purge it and continue kiting. Most paladins will get frustrated and use repentance, if they do trinket it quickly and drop a grounding totem. Then keep kiting, you should be able to get them very low, seeing as they won’t be in range to hammer of justice you. If they do get in range for that, with their increased speed and good cleanses, simply spam heal yourself to full, and you should be able to burst them down before they can kill you, because they have no more interrupts. Run away immediately when they bubble to heal. If they bubble to do damage, drop grounding totems and heal.

All other specs/classes I view too obvious to post specific strats, such as healers, simply spam water shield.
Back to top Go down
Juicy
CIA
CIA
Juicy

Number of posts : 2649

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:07 am

Sup GaH?
Nice guide stormy, but I smell copypasta. :a
Back to top Go down
Diagnostix
Bandito
Bandito
Diagnostix

Number of posts : 165

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:10 am

Juicy wrote:
Sup GaH?
Nice guide stormy, but I smell copypasta. :a
No shit.
He said he didn't make it, Einstein.
Back to top Go down
volka21
Bandito
Bandito
volka21

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:11 am

"WARNING: Below will be a giant wall of text"

***fell asleep***
Back to top Go down
Kalevias
CIA
CIA
Kalevias

Number of posts : 474

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:12 am

Who need Guides??
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
afkagain
CIA
CIA
afkagain

Number of posts : 334

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 11:34 am

shamys need a guide how to play? .....paladins and warris next?
Back to top Go down
rocker112
KGB
KGB
rocker112

Number of posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:10 pm

Shammys can be owned by lockz verry easy xD
if the lock is an skilled destro lock

Last edited by rocker112 on Tue 05 May 2009, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : idk...)
Back to top Go down
afkagain
CIA
CIA
afkagain

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:13 pm

yap, with curse of tongues, fear/soulfire spam, and stuns...
Back to top Go down
rocker112
KGB
KGB
rocker112

Number of posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:15 pm

afkagain wrote:
neah...
kinda...curse of tongues,corruption incinerate...fear immolate confalgrate shadowburn shadowfury searing pain and hes dead
Back to top Go down
afkagain
CIA
CIA
afkagain

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 12:17 pm

rocker112 wrote:
afkagain wrote:
neah...
kinda...curse of tongues,corruption incinerate...fear immolate confalgrate shadowburn shadowfury searing pain and hes dead
this works too, but my ´´guide´´ is for the guys with not that much skill lol.
Back to top Go down
spike999
Bandito
Bandito
spike999

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 1:51 pm

elemental shamans dont really need guide to play on this server. I have 1 and all i have to do is turn on heroism,ele mastery and boom"you won the 2v2 match". 1900 easy :/.
So i play other classes now.
Back to top Go down
afkagain
CIA
CIA
afkagain

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 1:11 pm

spike999 wrote:
elemental shamans dont really need guide to play on this server. I have 1 and all i have to do is turn on heroism,ele mastery and boom"you won the 2v2 match". 1900 easy :/.
So i play other classes now.
agreed. dont forget totem abuse...
Back to top Go down
Juicy
CIA
CIA
Juicy

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 1:11 pm

Oh the thread I necroed has began to live.
Back to top Go down
Diagnostix
Bandito
Bandito
Diagnostix

Number of posts : 165

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 1:12 pm

Juicy wrote:
Necroing is bannable nigga.
Back to top Go down
Juicy
CIA
CIA
Juicy

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 1:13 pm

Diagnostix wrote:
Juicy wrote:
Necroing is bannable nigga.
I got connections to russian mafia.
Back to top Go down
afkagain
CIA
CIA
afkagain

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 1:14 pm

ITS ALIVE BISH ! zombie threads are ruling the world =(( 
Back to top Go down
neoxis27
Assassin
Assassin
neoxis27

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 7:43 pm

haha nice so true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide   Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elemental Shaman Dueling Guide
Page 1 of 1