WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Voting_barHow to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Voting_barHow to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
Meatstick Spotlight MEAT

How to play arcane mage.

Go down 
+37
Rothfuchs
srsthx
Necrosis
Crunk
Thorax
srssrsy
taurenless
carlito1
Zeniththree
srsmissclick
Decision
Min0rity
aei
ServerBot
Shifthappens
Decisionn
bertneykek
AGGELOS123
pyashealbot
Coupdagrace
Bruizer
~Starlight~
Whitestag
Merciles
Spirius
Punisher
asumpwnd
xvxtwiztidxvx
HarryLoL
phunsize
Jello
afkagain
GomaXx
nobertkingly
Juicy
Vork
Koth
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pyashealbot
Assassin
Assassin
pyashealbot

Number of posts : 63

How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 2:38 pm

It really all depends on who's playing the class (exclude paladins from this response.) Lets take rogues for example; a good rogue would rock any class but warrior with no problem, a bad rogue would run around with their heads cut off spamming mutilate all while attempting to blind a target after they have already bled them (Lol i've seen this too many times on this server.)

A good hunter would be able to kite any class for days without dieing. I'm sure that we've all watched the video's of a hunter kiting world bosses into capital cities PreBC, so it's not impossible. Using feign death to cause a spell against them to fail is also a sign of a good player. Lastly - and to keep the length of this post short - Shamans.

Now I don't mean to tute my own horn, but I have lived for a long time against fullspec and/or talent stacking paladins, who judge for upwards of 14k. A good shaman should be able to survive for long periods of time simply because they have the strongest single target heals in the game. However, I have seen many shamans who sit in one spot spamming lava burst/chain lightning (as resto) and forget that nifty little spell called RIPTIDE.

So you see, many classes don't require alot of skill but the way you play a class can make you seem to be way above the curve in people's perceptions on your skill level.
Back to top Go down
Coupdagrace
CIA
CIA
Coupdagrace

Number of posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 2:43 pm

All arcance mages are lame, Dont know to play...
Back to top Go down
AGGELOS123
Assassin
Assassin
AGGELOS123

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 2:49 pm

how?
Back to top Go down
Jello
KGB
KGB
Jello

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 3:27 pm

Coupdagrace wrote:
All arcance mages are lame, Dont know to play...

I think someone got owned by a button mashing Mage!
Back to top Go down
bertneykek
Bandito
Bandito
bertneykek

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:47 pm

Koth wrote:
spam slow.

then smash your face on your keyboard. Laughing

bad attempt at trolling is bad
arcane truly is a mages wet dream of a spec, we have an instant spell that hits for a decent amount, we can slow them to the same speed if we were frost, PoM, AP, and the way ablast works now, we have even better control over our burst, outside of MB procs that is
Back to top Go down
Decisionn
Bandito
Bandito
Decisionn

Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 5:56 pm

Jello wrote:
If Mages are easy to play; What isn't? What class actually requires skill?
Full stam stack prot pallys
Back to top Go down
Shifthappens
CIA
CIA
Shifthappens

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:33 pm

Jello wrote:

Feral Druid :O
Back to top Go down
bertneykek
Bandito
Bandito
bertneykek

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:37 pm

pyashealbot wrote:
It really all depends on who's playing the class (exclude paladins from this response.) Lets take rogues for example; a good rogue would rock any class but warrior with no problem, a bad rogue would run around with their heads cut off spamming mutilate all while attempting to blind a target after they have already bled them (Lol i've seen this too many times on this server.)

A good hunter would be able to kite any class for days without dieing. I'm sure that we've all watched the video's of a hunter kiting world bosses into capital cities PreBC, so it's not impossible. Using feign death to cause a spell against them to fail is also a sign of a good player. Lastly - and to keep the length of this post short - Shamans.

Now I don't mean to tute my own horn, but I have lived for a long time against fullspec and/or talent stacking paladins, who judge for upwards of 14k. A good shaman should be able to survive for long periods of time simply because they have the strongest single target heals in the game. However, I have seen many shamans who sit in one spot spamming lava burst/chain lightning (as resto) and forget that nifty little spell called RIPTIDE.

So you see, many classes don't require alot of skill but the way you play a class can make you seem to be way above the curve in people's perceptions on your skill level.

riptide = counterspell rage

but i must agree with you pyas, ive seen many warriors who just spam their dps but get called good, and then you turn around and juke their pummel, but they still manage to kill you because lol8kwhirlwind

Last edited by bertneykek on Sat 06 Jun 2009, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ServerBot
CIA
CIA
ServerBot

Number of posts : 7646

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:39 pm

Decisionn wrote:
Jello wrote:

Yeah that Stormbeard guy plays prot wit a 2h mace hes pro
Back to top Go down
aei
Begginer
Begginer
aei

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:40 pm

Everyone has different skill level at the game, just because YOU think that a class is easy doesn't mean that it actually is for others.
Back to top Go down
bertneykek
Bandito
Bandito
bertneykek

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 6:43 pm

aei wrote:
Everyone has different skill level at the game, just because YOU think that a class is easy doesn't mean that it actually is for others.

but it is true that some classes are simpler than others
compare a rogue against a mage
the mage has to focus on many more things such as 'can i get this frostbolt off or will he get close enough to kick/gouge?'
'is it safe to poly or does he have his trinket up?'
while the rogue basically just has to make the mage sweat, and not get kited
Back to top Go down
Min0rity
CIA
CIA
Min0rity

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 7:28 pm

I saw a mage once spamming arcane barrage and, well.. Thats really about it, and slow. I anal raped him on mah warlock
Back to top Go down
bertneykek
Bandito
Bandito
bertneykek

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 7:44 pm

Min0rity wrote:
I saw a mage once spamming arcane barrage and, well.. Thats really about it, and slow. I anal raped him on mah warlock

How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Wowscrnshot042509221629.th

see screenshot
Back to top Go down
aei
Begginer
Begginer
aei

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 8:42 am

bertneykek wrote:
aei wrote:

the mage has to focus on many more things such as 'can i get this frostbolt off or will he get close enough to kick/gouge?'

This is true, but the rogue must also have good timing, "when should I kick, when should I stun and when should I use CoS."
Every class has easy traits and difficult traits to master, it takes time and practise for ALL classes.
Back to top Go down
Decision
CIA
CIA
Decision

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 8:46 am

Stormblast wrote:
Decisionn wrote:
Jello wrote:

Yeah that Stormbeard guy plays prot wit a 2h mace hes pro
Gawd i hate that broken ass shit lmao stuns like every other hit QQ
Back to top Go down
Jello
KGB
KGB
Jello

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 12:09 pm

aei wrote:

Then it comes down to a L2P issue! So, if you're coming in unexperienced saying which class is more of a faceroll. You need to go out and play some more before you can comment.

Last edited by Jello on Sun 07 Jun 2009, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
srsmissclick
CIA
CIA
srsmissclick

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 12:13 pm

bertneykek wrote:
aei wrote:

lolĀ“d, mage vs rogue is much harder for the rogue if the mage can play >.<, at noob mage vs noob rogue, rogue is easier xD
Back to top Go down
srsmissclick
CIA
CIA
srsmissclick

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 12:14 pm

aei wrote:
oh, all the paladins are the better players then?? i knew it !
Back to top Go down
Zeniththree
Noob
Noob
Zeniththree

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 12:18 pm

Jello wrote:
Try playing a Witch Elf in the game Warhammer Online. They're just like rogues, but their only stun is 3 seconds long, and they don't have vanish, sprint, clos, or pvp trinkets. o_O only easy thing with them is to kill half health clothies.
Back to top Go down
aei
Begginer
Begginer
aei

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 2:50 pm

Jello wrote:
aei wrote:

Then it comes down to a L2P issue! So, if you're coming in unexperienced saying which class is more of a faceroll. You need to go out and play some more before you can comment.

I love your pathetic attempt to flame me. Did I say I was unexperienced? No. I may have been in the past but not now kthnx. Who even mentioned the work faceroll? Certainly not me, nor did I state that any class was a faceroll. You need an attitude adjustment before you reply to anyone, grow up? :]
Back to top Go down
carlito1
Assassin
Assassin
carlito1

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:19 pm

Jello wrote:

Dks,Warrs,Hunters,Priests,Warlock(destro only see Drakedog for info omg i want to be good as him xD), and shammy(barly)?

Rogues require very little skills Sap>CS>Muti>KS>Muti>Muti>blind repeat till dead pop Prep on vanish CD.
Back to top Go down
taurenless
Begginer
Begginer
taurenless

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:09 am

arcane mages are sooooo east if ya know how to THINK, keep slow up and spam arcane barrage and everything else in your spell book that does dmg and has ''arcane'' in it's name.
Back to top Go down
srssrsy
Bandito
Bandito
srssrsy

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 3:39 am

carlito1 wrote:
Jello wrote:

Dks,Warrs,Hunters,Priests,Warlock(destro only see Drakedog for info omg i want to be good as him xD), and shammy(barly)?

Rogues require very little skills Sap>CS>Muti>KS>Muti>Muti>blind repeat till dead pop Prep on vanish CD.
ahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Thorax
Begginer
Begginer
Thorax

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 4:45 am

srssrsy wrote:
carlito1 wrote:
Jello wrote:

ahahahahaha

Must be the first time i agree with srs since i joined ... this made me lol too
Back to top Go down
Crunk
CIA
CIA
Crunk

Number of posts : 877

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 7:55 am

Punisher wrote:
Warroirs take skill yo.
yap Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to play arcane mage.   How to play arcane mage. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to play arcane mage.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next