WoWPortal PVE Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWPortal PVE Server

WoWPortal Custom PVE Server like no other!

Latest imagesportalHomeRegisterLog in
VCN WOW IS NOW ON HTTP://VCNWOW.NET
If you are looking for V.C.N

Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» V.C.N WOW IS NOW ON VCNWOW.NET
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm by Zanukan

» INTRODUCTION Destiny
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm by Destiny

» 2.4.3 oldfags still here? whats up?
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 10:05 am by Zanukan

» An Thread dedicated to Old School 2.4.3 and all its memories
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2016, 8:56 am by Shifthappens

» Hey sexy Gentlemen and Ladies
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013, 11:21 am by Suspect2

» yoo
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm by Casp'

» hay gm
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» Ques for GM
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm by sevenhuehuelol

» YES IT IS I
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 am by Casp'

» oldfags asemble
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm by -BoomBox

» Oh hai...
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» hey windir bro guess what
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm by Queshi

» Downpatch from 3.0.8 to 3.0?
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm by windir2

» Mouthless asking me for RESS! LOOL
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 5:29 pm by Feel

» Need an unstuck
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009, 2:48 am by ombladon123

» Idea for Arena Rating and Arena Rewards
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 7:58 pm by Raddau

» shammy bug
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:35 pm by stomstrikes

» Gentlemen?
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:33 pm by stomstrikes

» Rous aka Zanukan attention please
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 3:36 am by ryonis

» I cant get my tokens when i vote.
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009, 1:26 pm by demonolator12345

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 395 on Sun 18 May 2008, 12:28 pm
Top posters
ServerBot (7646)
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Vote_lcapL2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Voting_barL2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Vote_rcap 
Swifteh (7171)
L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Vote_lcapL2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Voting_barL2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Vote_rcap 
Charlie Face (4524)
Lisyhalath (3900)
Scruffay (3896)
kitch (3536)
Min0rity (3192)
Ubberpownage88 (3023)
bacongrease2 (2761)
Juicy (2649)
Keywords
Spotlight MEAT Meatstick

L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)

Go down 
+21
Juicy
Rombus
Ubberpownage88
Zerocool
zandarin
Zetsumei
Galtakar
Lisyhalath
mechanized101
asumpwn
Swifteh
Syleniaz
Shifthappens
Spotlight
Whitestag
NakedChef
Skulliedoo
Holypeanut
Weiss
Chubz
hambrgrhelpr
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hambrgrhelpr
CIA
CIA
hambrgrhelpr

Number of posts : 698

L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Empty
PostSubject: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:21 pm

This is not a guide for retail, so if that is what you are looking for, stop reading now. As of the 2.4.3 server on VCN, I am going to explain the best way to play your ret paladin.

SPELLS

Always assume that your opponent will make maximum use of their skills against you at the right time and be ready for it. That goes for all classes, but it is imperative as a ret paladin more so than others.

First of all, there are three ways that you can interrupt spell casting. Hammer of justice, repentance, and Seal of Justice. However, seal of justice is usually thrown out of the mix because of the fact that it is a proc and unreliable. But, about HoJ and repentance, you must use them at the right time, taking into consideration what class you are fighting. (referring to casters, fighting melee is basically a faceroll)

Hammer of Justice: While fighting a mage, use HoJ immediately and pay close attention to which way they are facing. Why? They are going to blink in that direction, and when they do, meet them ASAP. This goes the same for Warlocks, but instead on the fact that many will open with a skillcoil to get a fear off. They cannot get out of it without a PvP trinket, but the stun lasts much longer than deathcoil (if lag allows both spells to go off at the same time, which isnt uncommon) and you can close some ground between you and the warlock. As for priests... don't duel them. They are going to mana burn spam you, and you are going to lose. For elemental shaman, use it when you get them fairly low and start to heal. Each heal brings back at least ~1.7k life and each one that gets off is a huge problem.

Repentance: Avoid using this spell offensively. It should only be used as an interruption of a spell cast, finishing off an opponent with low health, closing a gap between you and a caster, and to heal yourself. Using it to get extra damage on your Judgement of Command is a bad idea unless you've already completed the task that you used your minute long cooldown for. (IE: After healing yourself.

Judgement: Why blizzard decided to change the spelling of this word is beyond me, but I will tell you the best way to use it. Judgements are determined by seals, and the seal that you should judge is directly in line with the opponent that you are facing. Take speed into consideration first. You are a ret paladin and you have PoJ, so if you are fighting something like a druid, fire mage, or a rogue, it would probably be best to use the Judgement of Justice. Why? It makes their movement speed locked so that it cannot become higher than 100% of normal running speed. Remember though that when rogues use cloak of shadows, it comes off. Basically, they will be trying to get away while you are chasing them down at 115% movement speed. The next thing that you should consider is the length of the fight. If you are merely fighting a warrior, its going to be a quick fight that you're going to need to win in the DPS race, or at least survival. This factor would dictate that you should judge crusader, for the extra holy damage and 3% crit. However if you are fighting a class like a warlock, light or wisdom might be a better choice of a judgement for longevity. Another thing to consider would be if that class you are fighting can dispel magic from themself. If they can, its best to judge command.

/cast judgement
/stopcasting

Why? Judgement is not on the Global Cooldown. This means that the only limitation that you have with casting this spell in between other spells is your own or server latency. That macro will cause it to cast as if you have 0 latency. Therefore, making you able to cast judgement, even between healing yourself or casting another seal. Yes, this was too important to wait for the macro section.

Divine Shield: DIVINE SHIELD RESTARTS DIMINISHING RETURNS

What does this mean? Don't use it if someone is trying to run away from you. As soon as it is over they can fear/poly/etc you for the full 10 second duration. If you can close the gap and kill them before the duration is up and they can cast a CC spell on you: Use Divine Shield. If not, use it defensively, like repentance. Heal yourself. DO NOT wait until 10% to use your bubble if you can help it. Use it at around 30% life if you don't have another CC option available to heal yourself.

Cleanse: You can remove magic, disease, and poison effects from yourself. If you have one on you, its usually in your best interest to cleanse it off. That's all I have to say about cleanse until the macro/keybinding section.

Short duration blessings: Blessing of protection should be used on either a partner or on yourself if divine shield is not an option. Blessing of freedom should be used if you have an opponent that is constantly using a slow effect on you. Blessing of sacrafice, though, is the one that usually gets skipped over. It's a very useful spell if you aren't by yourself. This is why: many CC effects are break instantly on damage. Basically, mage sheeps you and hits your partner, causing you to take damage through BoS, instantly breaking the sheep.

Seal of Command: Use it, judge it, use it again. Judgement does double damage if the target is stunned or incapacitated.

MACROS/KEY BIDNINGS

Alright, well, this is where I give away a few secrets that usually don't make it out to the general public. But first, this is what I've found to work best for me. Nobody is forcing you to take my advice. Anyhow lets start with...

MARCROS

In addition to the macro that is in the judgement section, there are a few more key macros that you should know.

/equip 1 hander
/equip shield

/equip 2 hander

Yes, these two macros should be somewhere on your screen, and it kills me to see ret paladins that never take off their two hander.

/cast [target=char name here] holy light

This will save a lot of frustration with targeting yourself to cast holy light and etc. Create this macro separate from your normal holy light spell.

/cast [target=char name here] cleanse

Same as the holy light macro, keep this separate from your normal cleanse ability that you use on other players.

#showtooltip crusader strike
/cast crusader strike
/use dps trinket

I've found this to be useful so that you don't even have to think about using your trinket when you need it.

Well that's just about all of the macros that I use to ill move on to my KEYBINDINGS part.

This is about paladins, so for the baddies out there, I'm not making a guide for key binding. I'm simply telling the most effective keys to bind paladin spells to.

Now, I'm not going to say any specific key is better than another for a spell, but for spells that you use offensively like Seal of Command, Judgement, Crusader strike, Hammer of wrath, repentance...

should be bound to a single key. Whether it be on the number pad or something like G V B H.

Other abilities, usually defensive ones, are better bound to shift and a key. For example: For divine shield, I have it bound to Shift+3.

For the macros above EXCEPT CRUSADER STRIKE, I keep them bound exactly like this, because they are for keeping mobility while switching your hand's position to hit the key. If you cant figure out what i mean, move your thumb to the alt key and hit 1, 2, 3, or 4 with a finger that you aren't using to move.

Anyhow, I've found it best to keep the 2h macro bound to alt+1, the 1h macro to alt+2, the heal yourself macro to alt+3, and the cleanse yourself to alt+4. Alt+4 might be pushing it for small hands, so alt+Q would be just as effective.

Anyhow, I hope I didn't confuse you all too much and I hope this helps you play a paladin. I will probably be updating this now and then.

Last edited by hambrgrhelpr on Sun 10 May 2009, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gamer0913
Chubz
CIA
CIA
Chubz

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:24 pm

Good thing ret paladins are bugged on this server.
Back to top Go down
hambrgrhelpr
CIA
CIA
hambrgrhelpr

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:27 pm

Chubz wrote:

Thank you for this useful and informative post.
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

Number of posts : 1062

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:29 pm

Chubz wrote:
speaking of that...
if you're dueling.
and you have SoCrusader on.
and you're just about to beat your opponent.
the shit will proc and instantly kill them lol.
oh and holy pally's can holy shock heal people that are dueling.
yay for picking favs. in that case.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:38 pm

Nice. I've always been bad at priests and paladins. I'm sure if i give them a few days of playing time ill get good with them though king
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:42 pm

Rycheka wrote:
Nice. I've always been bad at priests and paladins. I'm sure if i give them a few days of playing time ill get good with them though king

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
1) Repentance (spam so you can get the opener)
2) Crusader Strike & Judgement & Consecration
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice
5) (keep spamming CrusStrike)
6) your opponent should be close to dead, so just Hammer of Wrath their ass

btw i'm the best non-donor ret pally in the game. so wha chu know niga.
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:43 pm

edit: don't use your bubble like a moron.
use it to protect yourself while you keep attacking (divine protection)
don't bother with healing yourself, you'll waste too much mana for low ass heals.

make a shitload of mana & hp pots, then get alchemist's stone of the assassin and then just use pots.

also, use wings wisely.
Back to top Go down
Holypeanut
CIA
CIA
Holypeanut

Number of posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:44 pm

Easy. bro. this is how you play -.-

Sit and let them attack you for about 15 seconds
turn around
Stun
KKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:47 pm

Holypeanut wrote:
Easy. bro. this is how you play -.-

Sit and let them attack you for about 15 seconds
turn around
Stun
KKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM

STOP...Hammer Time. Wooo, love your avatar king
Back to top Go down
hambrgrhelpr
CIA
CIA
hambrgrhelpr

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:47 pm

Weiss wrote:
Rycheka wrote:

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice

Wow... no. You are terrible...

You open with repentance? Seal of Vengeance? Spam Crusa strike?

Im actually wondering how you can beat ANYBODY using that tactic...
Back to top Go down
Holypeanut
CIA
CIA
Holypeanut

Number of posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:50 pm

hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Rycheka wrote:

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice

lol.
Trufax
Back to top Go down
Skulliedoo
CIA
CIA
Skulliedoo

Number of posts : 1706

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:50 pm

hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Rycheka wrote:

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice

Well, a bugged SoV comes a loooooooong way.
Back to top Go down
http://cakeshouse.forumotion.com
hambrgrhelpr
CIA
CIA
hambrgrhelpr

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:57 pm

Skulliedoo wrote:
hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Rycheka wrote:

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice

Well, a bugged SoV comes a loooooooong way.

I suppose, but that's like stealth abusing and then bragging about it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 3:08 pm

Weiss wrote:
Rycheka wrote:

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice

grats ur now literaly stuck in the 1300 use rep offensive? mkay...dude ..wow rofl and wow u dont even joj or w/e while ur target is reped....terrible If you'r good duel any of my toons i dont care what you chose
Back to top Go down
NakedChef
CIA
CIA
NakedChef

Number of posts : 704

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 3:34 pm

i r pwn all ret paladins
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 4:31 pm

hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Rycheka wrote:

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice

fucking kidding me?
i beat everyone.
like im not fucking joking around i beat every fucking class.
the ONLY class that is REMOTELY hard is rogues (onl on vcn) because of the stealth/combat bug.

but yeah lmao id rape you and other other scrub ass with that rotation.

SPAMZ CRUS STRIKE? OMFG CLICHE MUCH OMGOMGOMGG
/fail
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 4:40 pm

oh and btw, thanks for copy & pasting from a pally's spell book and then adding in some common sense.

you look an ultra tool trying to show off how much you think you know about paladins.
and you look like an ultra tool with that ghey sig with staged convos.
weissy says: ultra fail
No
Back to top Go down
Whitestag
CIA
CIA
Whitestag

Number of posts : 2347

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 4:49 pm

Weiss wrote:
oh and btw, thanks for copy & pasting from a pally's spell book and then adding in some common sense.

you look an ultra tool trying to show off how much you think you know about paladins.
No

I lol'ed at irony there

Duel me at ingame
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 4:51 pm

Whitestag wrote:
Weiss wrote:

No

I lol'ed at irony there

Duel me at ingame

as soon as the 4gb download of pre-tbc wow is done, i'll msg you.
what's your char name?
Back to top Go down
Whitestag
CIA
CIA
Whitestag

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 4:55 pm

Weiss wrote:
Whitestag wrote:
Weiss wrote:

No

I lol'ed at irony there

Duel me at ingame

what's your char name?

Whitestag...
I wonder if ur sov abuser or retri pala?
Back to top Go down
hambrgrhelpr
CIA
CIA
hambrgrhelpr

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 5:02 pm

Weiss wrote:
hambrgrhelpr wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Rycheka wrote:

rotation for ret pally =
a) SoCrusader & BoKings
3) SoVengance
4) Hammer of Justice

fucking kidding me?
i beat everyone.
like im not fucking joking around i beat every fucking class.
the ONLY class that is REMOTELY hard is rogues (onl on vcn) because of the stealth/combat bug.

but yeah lmao id rape you and other other scrub ass with that rotation.

SPAMZ CRUS STRIKE? OMFG CLICHE MUCH OMGOMGOMGG
/fail

You are what gives ret pallies a bad name. While you are sitting there only doing auto attack and crusa strike dmg to me while im wearing nothing but a weapon and you are still losing, we will see how much youd rape me and my "other other scrub ass" with your rotation.
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 5:08 pm

Whitestag wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Whitestag wrote:
Weiss wrote:

No

I lol'ed at irony there

Duel me at ingame

what's your char name?

Whitestag...
idk wtf the SoV bug is or what it does, so... obv not.

and to hambrger or w.e your name is.
no.
Back to top Go down
Whitestag
CIA
CIA
Whitestag

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 5:14 pm

Weiss wrote:
Whitestag wrote:
Weiss wrote:
Whitestag wrote:
Weiss wrote:

No

I lol'ed at irony there

Duel me at ingame

what's your char name?

Whitestag...
idk wtf the SoV bug is or what it does, so... obv not.

and to hambrger or w.e your name is.
no.

Forget it
Waste of time ...
Back to top Go down
Weiss
CIA
CIA
Weiss

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 5:18 pm

Whitestag wrote:
Forget it
Waste of time ...

lol you /forfeit'ed even before i got in game.
raped.
Back to top Go down
Whitestag
CIA
CIA
Whitestag

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008, 5:22 pm

Weiss wrote:
Whitestag wrote:
Forget it
Waste of time ...

lol you /forfeit'ed even before i got in game.
raped.

I don't waste my time to bugged sov users
Enjoy ur ego more pls ı am done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)   L2P: Ret paladin (OLD) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L2P: Ret paladin (OLD)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next